6 possible surprise 1st Rd picks

Pitre & Pickens are of interest at the 32/34 level.

Woolen is the only one of those I’d really call a surprise. The rest I often see going t the end of the 1st in the simulators.

1 Like

If we don’t go Edge at 2 then Ebiketie becomes my primary target at 32. That can change as mid first rounders drop of course. After KT I’m most confident in AK’s pass rushing game translating to the next level.

I’m a huge Ebitketie fan - I have to resist taking him even when I do go edge at #2 - but I keep seeing him go higher and higher, I’d say there’s a less than 50% chance he makes it to us. He is a little older though so maybe it helps him to drop (lot of older edge players in this class). I don’t mind it as much at 32 as I do at 2.

imagine all that juice up front. with a healthy Harris too…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t hate that, for sure. Front 7 is almost like CB in that you can never have enough.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with that. Would probably hope to do a trade similar to last year and grab a Danny Gray type in round 4. I think we should find a passable TE2 with the round 5 comp pick.

1 Like

That would be a nice draft, right there!

1 Like

I agree. Hayward projects to be a tight end in the NFL. He came into Michigan State as a running back, but I’d love to draft him as a late round tight end. He’s also a good culture fit and a Michigan guy