7 civil lawsuits filed against Dehaun Watson for sexual misconduct and sexual assault

Well I guess I’ll be that guy. this whole thing is sketchy as hell.

3 Likes

This.

Also, women who would accept the offer to fraudulently accuse Watson would be more likely to have issues in their past that a guy with an unlimited defense budget could find and then apply pressure to.

Now, “Instagram massage therapists” don’t have to be committing fraud to likely have issues in their past either, but that’s my point. These are easy targets for a defense Investigator and pretty quickly you could see one break from their story.

Just have to let the legal system run it’s course. Innocent until proven guilty is the supposed standard of the country.

If he did it, he should face the consequences. If the stories are fabricated, the accusers and all involved should be punished.

Unfortunately, history says, it will not play out like that. He’s guilty until he can prove he’s innocent. If provably fabricated, nothing will happen.

I do see that hypocrisy of the first part I posted. Just is what it is.

1 Like

Not saying these allegations are not true but seems fishy to me that they would come out now after Watson’s refusal to play in Houston. I’ve seen this same script / timing happen before with other celebrities.

I think the allegations are sketchy as hell, but I also don’t get what the Texans gain here. Are they saying this is a terrible man who “assaults” women so you better stay here and play out your contract? Seems like they would be boxing themselves into a position where they would just have to release him if you destroy a mans reputation that bad. At the very least considerably reduce his trade value.

Someone is trying to influence the situation. Civil lawsuits instead of criminal charges? Ok. That said I’m not convinced it’s the Texans. However, they are incredibly dysfunctional so it could very well be just burning the house down in revenge. It sure seems like it would have made a hell of a lot more sense just to trade him with sky high trade value.

2 Likes

True, but getting 12 people to agree to fraud/blackmail is pretty serious. If you got 12 to agree to commit the serious crime, I’m sure there are some that didn’t . . . and it would probably be worth money from Watson’s camp if they came forward. Let it play out and see what happens.

The league would drop the hammer on the McNair’s if they were involved. I think it’s very, very unlikely that they are.

There are ways to be involved without being involved. I’m not saying they aren’t, it’s just stupid. The timing of the allegations and civil suits is just way too big of a coincidence to believe it’s not related in some way to the standoff with the Texans. Not sure who’s pushing it.

It’s hard to believe Watson isn’t thinking the same things many here are thinking. There is no way he can return to the Texans.

Would they though? I’m not convinced the league would even want to wade into that mine field.

If the McNairs paid Tony Buzbee to fabricate sexual assault allegations against a player then yes I do believe the league would make them sell the team. Then there would of course
also be criminal and massive civil exposure.

I mean think of the damages that a famous athlete like Watson could realistically put forth in a civil case.

I just don’t see any way the McNairs are involved.

2 Likes

It first requires the league investigating it and calling a dozen women liars. I don’t see them doing that.

Anytime a team gives out that many millions to a player you better believe they know more about him than his family. Seems very sketchy to me as well

Remember when Bob Kraft was actually arrested with proof of this type of behavior ?

I hate cases like these because I don’t want to cast judgement from afar -

But it’s striking to think
An NFL owner can get his case gone - criminal case - and the player faces league banishment or other repercussions

1 Like

You’d think stuff wouldn’t fly under the radar
And players get much more scrutiny than say … coaches and executives snd owners.

We saw Lions hire a guy who had he been a player , the allegations and history would’ve been known before giving him millions to be face of franchise.

2 Likes

The only way the league would ever touch this is if it’s already proven the women fabricated the stories. With the team being involved.

Their investigation wouldn’t even start into it before that came out.

They’ll know the answers before they’d start down that rabbit hole.

The prosecutors were unable to use the video evidence bc the cameras were installed under false pretenses and judges found that in doing so Kraft’s constitutional rights were violated. Hence the case against Kraft was dropped.

1 Like

Kraft was caught up in a sting. He ultimately believed he was getting the ol happy ending from a consenting adult who did so for pay. There was claims these women were human trafficked but I don’t think one could prove if they were that Kraft would have known.

In this case, the claim isn’t “Watson hired for sex” but rather Watson sexually assaulted at least one of these women, and sexually harassed the others.

So I’m not really sure there is much comparable in these cases as the claims/charges are vastly different.

There’s a difference between the 2 cases though in that the owner frequented a business known or suspected to give these types of favours as a commercial transaction. The accusations against deshaun Watson are that they were forced from someone who doesn’t normally do that sort of thing is part of their service offering. That’s a very very big difference

1 Like

So our the resources of the accused
Vs the accusers.

Like I said I hate cases like these since I believe victims should be heard , men often behave badly , there can be shady people all over …

2 Likes

Sure but that’s a technicality of the case but doesn’t make him innocent
Just that the investigators ruined the case

Might not have come to light had a billionaire not been caught up on the case

I do get they’re different yet the owner knew if he was going there to break the law doing something illegal

Right now , we don’t know whst deshsun thought nor much on the track record of his accusers … who deserve to be heard

What’s mind blowing in both cases if true
Is the risk these guys assumed with so much at stake with resources to have it be different …

Also in the nfl world of owners like Jerry Jones , Kraft or others …, and players … is how frequent it s this ( Favre is a hall of famer on camera ) vs isolated.