A 2022 Question

Obviously as Lions fans we are used to looking ahead after another wasted season. So I wanted to pose this question to everyone here. If we could add one free agent this off-season, who would it be and why?

For me it is a toss up between Marcus Williams and Chris Godwin/Allen Robinson. I am so tired of seeing so many busted plays in the secondary and I think Marcus Williams would be an awesome addition to stabilize this secondary. I also see how desperately we need a #1 WR and it is very difficult for a rookie to step in and be that. If I had to pick it would be Chris Godwin. I have much more faith in finding a solid starting safety either in the 2nd/3rd wave of FA or the draft then finding a guy who can step in to that #1 WR role.

Okudah, if I could only add one.
Maybe move him to safety.

1 Like

TJ Watt
Or maybe Jamal Adams

1 Like

Unfortunately Watt is not an option

Steelers signed OLB T.J. Watt to a four-year, $112 million contract extension.

The deal will keep Watt in Pittsburgh through 2025 and reportedly includes $80 million in guarantees. That gives Watt the title for most guarantees in a defender’s contract, surpassing Joey Bosa’s $78 million mark. It ends one of the most important hold-ins of the offseason and locks in Pittsburgh’s star edge rusher through his prime years. The Steelers will probably work Watt in slowly through Week 1 as he hasn’t practiced much with the team so far, but there’s no reason he can’t build on his near-DPOY 2020 campaign.

Damn just seen his name on the list.

1 Like

Are there any bald dudes available?

1 Like

At WR I’d like to bring in Godwin or Gallup. Maybe Christian Kirk or DJ Chark. They’re all still young enough to grow with the team.

At safety I’d go Marcus Williams or Jessie Bates for the same reason, though I don’t expect them to actually hit the market.

CB is slim pickings. Maybe Nik Needham or Isaiah Oliver. I wouldn’t pay a lot though. Carlton Davis is technically a FA too, but there’s no way the Bucs let him get away.

Uchenna Nwosu as an DE/OLB could be great. I really liked him coming out. Jayon Brown is a decent cover LB.

At edge, Kemoko Turay’s career in Indy has been derailed by injury, but man when he played he really flashed. If we could get him cheap as a look-see, could return great value.

If we get him, we have to make him captain!
The Star Trek fans will be SO happy!
shocked star trek GIF

1 Like

I like the Kirk idea alot

2 Likes