A headline I never thought I'd see: Is Bill Belichick officially in the hot seat?

26-27 over the last four seasons.

And on a related front:

Pick Grade: Elite-- Pro Football Focus

The narrative surrounding Mac Jones for the past few weeks was focused on whether he was worth not just the No. 3 overall pick, but the three first-round selections the 49ers invested in that draft slot. At No. 15 overall, it’s an entirely different conversation. Jones led the nation last season in overall PFF grade (95.8) and was the most accurate college quarterback in terms of adjusted completion rate (84.2%) PFF has seen. This is an outstanding pick.

USA Today FTW - Charles McDonald & Steven RuizGrade: D+

I’m lower on Mac Jones than mostI don’t see him as a first-round talent — so this grade is going to be harsh. I’ve covered the recent track record of quarterbacks like Jones, and it isn’t good. The Patriots will be banking on their coaching staff to develop Jones mentally, but there is no coaching up his right arm, which just isn’t strong enough for him to develop into a legit top-10 quarterback, and that’s what you’re hoping for when you take a QB in the first.

The only way Belichick gets fired is if his relationship with Kraft has completely deteriorated. His legacy should earn him a shot with another QB, at least.

1 Like

Honestly, changes have to happen though, and it starts by reducing his power or removing him as GM, man cant draft an offense for shit, hes still an amazing defensive coach, but jesus christ without brady its been bad.

1 Like

At his age, (71) I wouldn’t be surprised if he hangs it up after TY. He has nothing to prove and he has plenty of $$.

1 Like

The one thing he is yet to “prove” is that he can win without Brady. I wonder if his ego will have him stay on too long trying to prove that.

Robert Kraft might say:

1 Like

It’s FA QB time there for one last couple few year stretch for The Hoodie

You know where I’m going with this…

Star Trek Reaction GIF by TrekMovie

Maybe he could partially retire and give up the GM and head coaching troubles and just focus on being a defensive coordinator where it all started?

Given the experience level and success, I don’t think any egos would get bruised if he made as much money as the head coach.

Andy Reid was / is best friends with the Eagles owner and still got fired. The owner threw a party for Andy before he left and everything. It worked out for both sides as the Eagles and Reid both won the Super Bowl after the divorce.

Belichick and the Patriot Way seemed to only really work with Tom Brady and a constant supply of top defensive talent. He doesn’t have that anymore.

1 Like

BB should sign Cousins in the offseason, he’s a great option to at least make you competitive/win a playoff game or two for a couple seasons and then they can both retire.

Maybe he sees trading a package of picks for a mature, talented 26 year old QB with 3 years of cheap team control as his best path forward :man_shrugging: :thinking:

Tom Brady did a lot for Hoodie but he didn’t do this…

18 out of 23 seasons ranked in the top 10 in scoring defense. Their talent level has not been this good.

2 Likes

They had double digit wins every year Brady was there except for 02.

They have reverted to the Belichick pre Brady mean.

1 Like

I don’t find anything about Bill other than his knowledge of defense to be elite. He is not an elite drafter and he certainly isn’t an elite offensive mind.

Perfect fit for the Lions.

He’ll be asked to step down at the end of the year.

Let the Patricia era begin!

1 Like