A look at Stafford's season thus far

over half of his typical 4,000 yard seasons many more TD’s than INT’s GO Matt.

He is having a real good season. I wish the defense would figure it out so it is not completely wasted

1 Like

That’s because he’s an ELITE talent…:wink:

3 Likes

we need plenty of help defensively , pass rushers, run stuffers , LB’s , the current unit is getting burnt 50% of the time it seems.

But he missed on a sure TD today

#NoLongerElite

I see te same dude as last year, only with a different OC. To me, that is the biggest difference. That, and WRs. It’s not just him, but his surroundings. He’s always been good, IMO.

3 Likes

I’m eating crow. He’s been better then good this year.

2 Likes

Bevell has been great for Stafford. Even though we aren’t winning enough with our running game, our dedication to it brings enough attention for our playaction to work guys more open than in the past.

4 Likes

Would have been another 2 TDs if Ty Johnson makes those catches down the sideline.

I don’t know how anyone can deny he is having an excellent year. One of his best. It would be really nice if it doesn’t get wasted. The defense this year has been really disappointing. I really thought it was trending up after the last few games last year. I don’t understand, Paul Pasqualoni is such a legendary defensive coordinator with an epic track record. How can this be happening?

Injuries. Plain and simple. We’ve had no defensive line to speak of, and Slay has been banged up.

2 Likes

Matthew Stafford did not throw an incompletion in the 2nd half:
12 of 12
148 yards
2 TD
QB RTG 157.6
(0.7 away from a perfect rating)

— Erik Schlitt (@erikschlitt) October 27, 2019

An[quote=“Canucklehead, post:10, topic:2283, full:true”]
I don’t know how anyone can deny he is having an excellent year. One of his best. It would be really nice if it doesn’t get wasted. The defense this year has been really disappointing. I really thought it was trending up after the last few games last year. I don’t understand, Paul Pasqualoni is such a legendary defensive coordinator with an epic track record. How can this be happening?
[/quote]

And he’s doing it with the worst run game in the league. Few QB’s can do what he’s doing. #elite

3 Likes

Definitely having a good year
Amazing what a high quality OC can do

All the Stafford commentary should be thrown out the window
There’s a lot more to a QBs performance than treating each QB like they’re operating in the same dynamic

I noticed today he had a completion rate of something like 80%!!

2 Likes

Looks like the ability to post videos has been taken away.

He’s having a Pro Bowl season. Probably a top 5 QB this season getting no help from the running game and defense on a team that will likely miss the playoffs… Just another example of the Lions wasting his career.

1 Like

Matthew Stafford also passed Joe Montana for #19 NFL All-Time Pass yards with 40,619.

2 Likes

Yeah. Even if the running game sucks, the offense is still good. Def has cost us this year in at least the KC and Minnesota games. But Stafford really hasn’t had a true running game behind him.

2 Likes

I DON’T !! last season was a bad stint for Stafford, he had a lot of problems I think his mind was on Kelly and her cancer scare and he wasn’t totally focusing on football ….not until she was released by the hospital and sent home again. by that time, Matt “started” returning to his typical play but it was late in the season, and he only had 3,000 yards.

I think he’s playing noticeably better NOW than opposed to 2018. and he’s already past 2,000 yards here in 2019.

First of all acoustic neuroma Is a non-cancerous tumor. 2ndly, Kelly didn’t notice issues or get diagnosed till February after the season. Stafford is the same he has always been. The issue with last year was that golden Tate was traded, KJ went in IR, JBC sucked and he broke his back later in the season.

4 Likes