A look at Stafford's season thus far

Yeah… you have nothing. Take the L, move on and be better next time, sport.

6th in the NFL in picks behind a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players on terrible teams and Andy Dalton. Lol. Such an elite QB.

Iggy the guy is not a great talent , not throwing anyway …His winning % is meaningless in this evaluation …When the chips are down and it’s on him to win games either when tied or down he can’t get it done and is at his worst . The guy has like 6 wins when he throws 0 TD’s in 55 total games played… Stafford has 7 wins in nearly triple the amount of games played when he does not throw a TD .
Dak is 11-4 in games he throws 1 TD …Stafford 13 -30 in games he throws 1 TD . More often then not Dak need not win a game , just don’t lose it . That is not the case for Stafford . Stafford has 66 Career games without an INT he has a record of 32 -34 in those games , Dak has 36 games without throwing an INT and is 30-6 in those games

What the two have had for a run game can not be compared , What the two have to do to get a win as far as QB play can not be compared, the O-Line and the Defense both have had can not be compared , THE CALLS ONE TEAM GETS CAN NOT BE COMPARED .
Dak is growing on me and improving but he does his thing in the easiest of circumstances when they have a lead or when the passing game is secondary in the attack . He is not an elite talent .

1 Like

It WAS a benign tumor people generally get in their 50’s and 60’s, the DR’s were pretty stunned that Kelly had acoustic neuroma at such a young age, because of the severity of it’s placement in her head a normal 6 hour surgery took twice as long to complete. and she was scared to have her head cut open, yes it was successful but if you don’t think it shook Matt up your sadly mistaken.
He went from thinking everything was great at home to finding out Kelly had the condition AND had to go through a 12 hour surgery to correct it . yes he was thinking about his wife, yes JBC was far above his head @ OC , Yes Matt broke his back , yes his more promising RB went down with injury , YES the defense started off ice cold and Yes Patricia was a first - time -ever-HC. AND Tate was sent packing…ALL these things helped sink 2018.

Cub, I admire your passion but I think you’re missing the point. She didn’t start having symptoms until January after the season had already ended and didn’t get diagnosed until February and didn’t reveal it on Instagram until April. So unless I’m missing the point, I can’t see how Stafford could be upset about something that hadn’t happened yet during last season. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have plenty of legitimate reasons why his play dropped off, but his wife’s Health was not one of them to my knowledge.

1 Like

Your seriously doubling down on this? It was not cancer, you said “cancer scare”. She was didn’t even realize there was an issue till AFTER the season. It has been all over the internet and she has done several tv interviews talking about the timeline. At no time did the timeline include last season. His play was not affected by his wife’s health because he wasn’t thinking about his wife’s health because it wasn’t an issue until AFTER the season. At no point in any of her interviews was the word cancer ever mentioned. Losing her hearing, facial control, possible death…these things were talked about…never cancer.

An acoustic neuroma is a benign (non- cancerous ) tumor that usually grows slowly. A benign tumour can cause problems as it grows by pressing on surrounding tissue. But, unlike a malignant ( cancer ) tumour, it can’t spread from where it started to other parts of the brain.Mar 30, 2016

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/brain-tumours/understanding-cancer/types-of-brain-tumour/acoustic-neuromas.html

for reading comprehension QB ’ I ’ SAID benign cancer…a non potent cancer aka not cancerous…hello? It was serious enough it took twice as long as normal to complete the surgery WHICH he had completed in April…not sure when she and Mat were literally told it wasn’t cancerous , though I’m sure it was a relief as many die in hospitals all the time as much as they are healed and let go home. medical errors cause 250,000 deaths every year…and is the 3RD largest cause of death in America.

Correct, two GOAT level QB’s are doin just peachy w/o a rushing attack. Which makes one really insignificant, just like it is for them… :roll_eyes:

We had to dedicate resources to take Barkley out of the game via the run. WHICH allowed Jones to light up our secondary and throw 4 TD’s. Without a great effort from our own passing attack, we could have easily lost this game. Rushing attacks matter and they still influence DC’s right now in 2019.

1 Like

Dak doesn’t have an 81 QB rating on the old scale. That would be average. He’s got an 81 QBR, which is a different scale that produces lower numbers. He’s #1 in the league in that category.

Is it because he’s a lights out QB? No. Its because he’s got Zeke.

LOL, you do you Cub. My reading comprehension is just fine. You doubled down on something that never happened and now your speculating when the facts say something completely different. YOU originally said it was a “cancer scare” and that it affected his play. I am well aware of the seriousness of the operation due to what was actually talked about, apparently your own reading comprehension suspect.

You know what, I am being a dick. Sorry Cub. Didn’t mean anything by it. I look for arguments when I shouldn’t…my apologies.

2 Likes

look, I had life threatening Brain Tumor when I was a kid that I wasn’t supposed to live through, mine was highly cancerous . I STILL have PART of the tumor in on my brain DR’s left part of it BC they thought if they went further and cut more that could-have left me a Vegetable for life.

anyway I said that to say this all those DR’s scraping around my head for a half year really fuck with my memory sometimes…I’m not like yall here , who can recall what happened to the gnats ass what happened years ago like games and many players and shit bro. my memory comes and goes. I tried to hide that shit as a kid, and did everything typical boys do…I knew I was sick, something inside was “different” but had no idea it was cancer…SO I had no fear and was doing what I wanted…but I hid that shit at school because “those that were different” often took a beating almost daily, and everybody looked at you as different to…almost like a freak or sum shit. Bullies get you cornered, your fair game to fuck with.

but I have no issue with you, we just view it a little different, big damn deal. later.

1 Like

YOU and a bunch of others have argued for pages about how Stafford doesn’t have a running game and defense that the Patriots do…and yet he has a good year and you don’t want to acknowledge your excuses or what you said as being wrong.

Seems that Stafford’s success has more to do with the OC than anything else.

Stafford’s success as in stats and elite QB play is because of Stafford’s talent.
Stafford having Bevel now is nothing more then a green light , our receivers are not wide open and the OC has been okay …
My stance has never changed , Stafford is one of the best QB’s in the league every year , he’s been on a bad team with mediocre coaching at best with no run game and no Defense for nearly his whole career. He is lighting it up again and having a great year, better then most, yet we are 3-3-1 why? No run game & no Defense . Ive never claimed anything else . Don’t know what you are talking about.

Stafford has only had 2 real offensive coordinators in his career. The first one was when he was young, and now he’s experienced and has Bevel. Inbetween he had two QB coaches that were trying to be OC’s.

1 Like

Completely agree. He looks like the same, exact dude almost every game. He’s had a handful of bad games, but more than enough amazing ones to compensate, over the years. If any of the guys in the GOAT conversation were here, they would ave zero SBs. Zero.

The ONLY guy that I think was truly a one man show that could turn any team into a Super Bowl contender was Peyton Manning.

2 Likes

It is really almost impossible to compare QB’s. So many factors go into their success or non-success. I loved Montana but I don’t believe he does nearly the same if he is not in the Walsh system. Brady has 6 rings and that is amazing but Matt Cavenaugh won in New England. They do a better job than any other team at putting game plans together to exploit specific weaknesses. Rogers, Brees, etc are great QB"s. Extremely talented but they all have been in the same systems for years and those systems fit their styles of play well. Fouts was an amazing QB and never won much because his teams defense was so bad. Give him just average defenses and he probably has a few rings. The list goes on. I can’t say what Stafford may or may not have won had he been with another team. I can say that he is an extremely talented QB and has had less than optimal conditions for most of his career. I am glad we have him. He is competitive, he is very talented yet not arrogant or cocky, he gives too the city, never complains, is not a daily news article and has never even whispered about bailing on the team. I hope we win everything eventually while he is here. He deserves it.

2 Likes

Great post! Truth…

Who is Matt Cavanaugh?