A really bold take--CHIRCO: Sam LaPorta is Lions MVP

Excerpts:

“Yeah, (I’m) as comfortable (with him) as anyone I’ve played with, and for a rookie, that’s pretty tremendous,” Goff said of LaPorta after the game. “I’d compare it directly to what ‘Saint’ (Amon-Ra St. Brown) was doing as a rookie, as far as on the field and off the field and the type of pro he is, knowing his assignments. He rarely has a (missed assignment) and rarely has a rookie mistake. Very rarely. Such a reliable guy and a guy that I count on in those crunch times.”

LaPorta has added immense value to the Lions throughout his rookie season.

Goff and Detroit’s offense, as a whole, are undeniably more efficient because of his presence in the passing game.

He has rarely looked like a first-year player, and more often than not, has come up with the big-time catch in the crucial moments of games.

And, for this reason, there’s an argument to be made that LaPorta – and not Amon-Ra St. Brown or Detroit’s dynamic running back duo of David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs – has been the Lions’ MVP this season.

I absolutely love LaPorta, but, St. Brown is the man.
Sam is giving him a run, but, it’s still St. all day, everyday.

2 Likes

Agree. Maybe a little recency bias there.

ARSB’s had 7-95 yard plus games and 2 more with 70+ yards:

A model of consistency.

1 Like

It’s Goff, no doubt about it IMO.

He’s the one threading the needle on these timing routes for ALL the receivers. Some of these windows are incredibly small in between two and three defenders at times. He’s getting better at climbing the ladder as well of late… the last play to Reynolds was a thing of beauty. Goff has still not hit his ceiling.

But yes, St. Brown and LaPorta have been AWESOME.

3 Likes

And, the irony, is that none of them may be the best player on offense–that honor belongs to Penei Sewell.

With Tank Dell going down for the season, is LaPorta the best offensive weapon taken in this draft?

Larry David Confused GIF - Larry David Confused - Discover ...

Yep, I always forget about pookie bear

Penei may well be best player. But most valuable?

Jared >> Amon Ra > DMont > LaPorta.

2 Likes

Gotta be the QB. Those guys don’t have all the catches without the QB

Jared Goff Mic Drop GIF by Detroit Lions

Jack Fox is so friggin underrated

I cant imagine people think Monty is more valuable than Sewell.

Maybe im reading your post wrong, idk.

I actually thought goff’s best play was the pass Montgomery dropped. Incredible play by Goff.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.