A Sign of Progress?

The Lions should absolutely consider Robinson at #6 if he is in the Zeke/Barkley mold

It isn’t entirely a question of value but rather where a team is in its development cycle. Two years ago Robinson would have been a terrible pick, just as Barkley was not a good pick for the Giants. Neither team was ready to win and a running back’s prime is immediate and short. Robinson should and probably will go to a team that is ready to win.

YPC isn’t really a great measure of how RBs impact a game. If the opposing team is devoting extra resources to stopping the run - like opponents of Giants and Cowboys did/do - then there is tremendous value in that player. Put Robinson on the Lions with their receiving game and offensive line and Ben Johnson and the team is capable of creating all kinds of matchup problems.

I think the Lions can wait as the only team between their two picks who might be likely to draft him is the Eagles at #10. But if they pull the trigger at #6 because they think he is that guy then we should all be excited

That’s a lot more than Deese and Jefferson who were Incldued at this time

In terms of playmaking ability Bijan is likely better say one than Monty. But in terms of everything else including blocking, route running and lining up correctly in an NFL scheme David is the better NFL player day one. But… that is a hell of a good problem to have.

I don’t understand the talk about Paschal. He will be a great DL roster guy. A fantastic rotational piece. He likely makes Romeo expendable after 2023. I am glad he is on the roster.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.