Aaron Curry uses his failures as a player to help him as a Steelers assistant

Blast from the past.

Those who can’t do, teach?

3 Likes

Who remembers all the Stafford/Sanchez/Curry debates? Yikes.

5 Likes

Good for him.

2 Likes

And Jason Smith too

1 Like

The Stafford-Curry debates…. :flushed: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Don’t forget Josh Freeman as well. I still remember in 2010, the talking heads were saying the Lions took Stafford 1 overall but ended up with the 3rd best qb in the class, behind Sanchez and Freeman.

1 Like

Yep - he was for sure in the convo. Forgot all about that until you mentioned it.

I remember there was one poster with a cat gif in his signature. As the cat meowed, it would flash the text ‘draft currrrry’ and then it would loop.

Now, I don’t know what I ate for dinner two days ago. But that memory is as fresh as a spring daisy.

I remember thinking Curry was the ‘safest’ prospect as well, and just hoping Stafford could be ‘the man.’

2 Likes

You guys are all lucky I wasn’t the GM.

I wanted to draft Curry, roll with Culpepper, and get Bradford the next season if Culpepper didn’t work out

2 Likes

I wonder if those who like to talk about guys who wanted Fields or Willis wanna fess up to wanting Curry over Stafford :thinking:

I commend and respect you for owning that! :100:

1 Like

:100:

When the draft process started, I thought Curry was the best pick. As it went on, I moved on to Stafford, for one reason, and it really wasn’t a talent reason. When I found out he was from the same HS as Bobby Layne, who cursed us, I thought Stafford was destined to break the curse. Karma. I’m still holding out hope, since the trade capital we got from Staff (namely Gibbs, Jamo, Iffy–looking at you @DeadStroke) could still come through. Perfect scenario would be an Iffy pick-6 to win the SB, LOL.

2 Likes

I remember Angry Driver being a guy that wanted Curry and because the Lions didn’t take his guy he spent years trashing Stafford whenever he was allowed to post… :rofl:

2 Likes

I miss angry driver…

3 Likes

Angry Driver still posts on Nets board. He is now a Stafford supporter and changed his handle to ‘Courteous Driver’

1 Like

I admit I wanted Curry over Stafford.

Saw Stafford play once—the bowl game against MSU.

First half, Stafford looked like a JAG—4th Rd pick or later.

Second half, Stafford looked like filet mignon—A 1st Rd pick.

1 Like

i remember wanting curry, because the defense was so bad.

but i think every year you could say that

1 Like

I would love to have had him developing …buuut now we have Hook! I’m happy with where we are. I think our coaches could turn Willis into a good player…for sure

Don’t forget that some people were pissed when we passed on USC LB Rey Maualuga.