Aaron Glen Is Officially On Notice

Seth Moulton GIF by GIPHY News

And they missed a field goal, they should have had 51 points.

1 Like

OK, so AG gets a few more games to get it right before he’s flushed. He’s in over his head and no one is promoting him to head coach. The Den scenario of getting a comp pick for AG is defunct. In that defunct scenario, Aubrey Pleasant was going to be promoted to defensive coordinator.

Could we have an Anthony Lynn type demotion of Glenn and a concurrent Ben Johnson type promotion of Aubrey Pleasant to see what kind of chops Aubrey has, maybe after the Patriots with 3rd stringer Bailey Zappe steamrolls our defense? I dunno.

1 Like

You would think looking at those drive charts that Seattle has arguably the greatest offense in nfl history. 1 punt in 2 games. AG seems like a nice guy, but seriously how could any of us keep our jobs if we were this bad at it.

Potentially. It worked with Lynn.

The only issue is that I don’t think Campbell was ever that close to Anthony Lynn. Campbell and Glenn are much closer, and I think that will play into this.

Agree. And it was frickin Geno Smith.

Geno Smith did this to Aaron Glenn.

1 Like

And if that truly is a consideration, then Campbell isn’t doing what’s in the best interest of the team. That’s a problem. Hate to say it, but kinda like when a certain GM hired his fat buddy from his previous gig.

That’s nothing…Michael Jordan put a double nickel on the NY Knicks all by himself once.

Encouragement Dog Poop GIF
Dan patting Glenn’s back.

1 Like

When I was watching the game yesterday I had a good laugh when I thought about your defensive quote about our defense from the past.

“We play defense like a bunch of gutter pussies” - @wolfcub36

What a classic.

2 Likes

yet it is so fitting.

yet…it is so fitting.

They changed the scheme, and they’re playing very aggressive with the most inexperienced starting D in the league. It’s not an excuse for being this bad but who is our ‘veteran leadership’ at the 3 levels of D?

DL = McNeil is a sophomore, so no.
LB = Alex Anzalone!?! What can he teach Rodrigo, how to miss a tackle?
DB = Tracy Walker does barely count but he’s gone sooo Juju Smith or whatever his name is? No one.

They literally have just one defensive starter who has earned a 2nd contract. They clearly can’t execute this more demanding scheme (and when mobile QBs escape blitzes they leave half the D in the backfield while the other half has their backs turned to them as they run).

Seems like the right analysis
So, they will have to simplify
The defense will be a problem for the balance of the season but if they can just keep opponents below … 30 points(?), there’s a chance to win games.

1 Like

If only there was someone like a Vic Fangio available on 2023 :thinking:

1 Like

i am with you–last year the defence WAS biting knee caps–now they are tickling the openets balls as they pour thru our def. line

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.