Aaron Glenn flying to Indy for 2nd interview

And has deep Tampa2 ties that Ballard will love.

Then again, as was discussed earlier in a DB conversation, Glenn is pretty committed to a 2-high safety defense with 4 down lineman.

At least we see a pattern in their approach, seeking a similar, familiar defensive vision.

The Rams are a 3-4 defense but we do a lot of deep/soft concepts with most of our defense playing zone. It’s a very boring defense which is why I presume the Rams fan base has a disdain for Morris. I’m one of the few who defends Morris. Not because I think he’s great or anything. But overall our defense under Morris has been solid. Overall he’s a average defensive coach. We could do better or worse. But he did do a good job in the Superbowl run so he gets extra props for that from me.

I’d put it this way. I’d take Morris over Glenn all day. But I do love me some Ben Johnson. If McVay retired I wanted Ben Johnson or Frank Reich as the next Rams coach.

1 Like

How things, thoughts, change in the last 5months. Not you personally per say just the thought of anyone being pissed if Glenn would leave. Very different from last October.

1 Like

If some guy swings in here to replace Glenn and we do worse I’ll be beyond pissed !

I wouldn’t blink a bit if AG left, I think he is good with coaching up players but his game day planning and adjustments are weak IMO and we could do much better with a different DC. I honestly don’t think DC will even miss a beat if Glenn leaves. I believe he had to get involved more in the defense after that crappy start last season, so I am betting even he deep down knows they could improve the DC position.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering this and can’t find it online. Are the compensatory picks in this situation over 2 years or just both in 1 year?

Possible Glenn replacement if he leaves? Also, wasn’t this guy in talks to be our HC awhile back? Name sounds familiar

1 Like

Richard was a serious up-and-comer a few years ago in Dallas when he was in line to become DC when Marinelli retired. They didn’t want to lose him so they changed his title and gave him more money. Jerry cleaned house to bring in McCarthy, Richard was out.

1 Like

Didn’t the Patriots go two different season without a DC and still did well?

If we lose AG, but kept BenJ …. Couldn’t MSDC pull a BillB and handle that side himself?

Just a weird question

This man may have had something to do with that.

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

2 Likes

MCDC is next! :crazy_face::heart::pray::upside_down_face::+1:

Over two consecutive years.

1 Like

I’d love to see us go after Kris Richard. However he sounds like he may have a chip on his shoulder.

We need to pair a strong X and O type to go with AG and Richard maybe that guy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.