Aaron Jones to the Vikings

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1767528684347379900

Packers fans LOL

As good as I think Jones is, I wonder how much they payed. Its looking like all three NFC North teams overpaid for a RB.

3 Likes

Thats hilarious on so many levels lol

So, two years ago here are the RB’s in the NFC North

Lions Swift
Bears Montgomery
Packers Jones
Vikings Cook

Today

Lions Montgomery
Bears Swift
Packers Jacobs
Vikings Jones

Alrighty then… :laughing:

7 Likes

One season after D Montgomery Lion fans are very happy with the addition and the contract.
How will Vikings, Bears, and Packer fans feel after the first season with the new RB’s.

I think two will be happy or satisfied with their additions; one will be disappointed.

1 Like

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1767535344444981499?s=20

People will bitch about Brad in FA, but that Monty Deal is one of the best contracts in the league currently, considering Tony Pollard is getting 8 mill a year, and Aaron Jones is getting 7 mil lol

2 Likes

I think those are bad examples honestly. If Monty is worth 6m AAV, then Aaron Jones is certainly worth 7m. Pollard is a little high I guess, but not crazy.

Josh Jacobs and DeAndre Swifts contracts stand out more as bad imo. I am even a big Swift fan and I can say he isn’t worth that contract.

3 Likes

Jones deal could be a steal for 7 mill…

Lets hope he’s another example of a RB who declines rapidly with age. Turns 30 this season

Interesting note they got rid of Dalvin Cook last offseason and Jones is actually older

1 Like

agree… they have Jones for LESS than Swift.

2 Likes

Jones was hurt and missed 6 games last year, and Swift played (miraculously) in 16 regular season games (rested week 18) and had the probowl season.

Vikings stole Jones. End of last season he was killing it. Honestly he’s scarier that Jacob’s in some ways.

That’s the thing - Jones is the household name but homie is getting up there in age and to rely on him for an entire season feels risky at best. When healthy yes he’s dynamite - but he feels like he’s breaking down (most guys are retired by this age)

1 Like

well played

true… but relying on Swift to stay healthy has been a hamble at a young age. We’ll see how well he battles through when he isn’t in a contract year.

1 Like

Swift was running behind the lions and Eagles Oline. Bears are getting better but it’s gonna be a rude awakening for him.

1 Like

Lions win!!!

Some Packer fans aren’t taking it too well…