Aaron Rodgers Loves Everything...still wont commit

Aaron Rodgers contract details

Rodgers is in the second year of a four-year contract extension worth $134 million . Rodgers agreed to the deal in 2018, but the new contract terms didn’t kick in until 2020. So there were three years left on Rodgers’ contract, including the 2021 season.

However, the deal is now a year shorter. Rodgers renegotiated his contract and turned the 2023 season into a “void year.” This has become an increasingly popular way for teams to clear cap space by deferring player payments into future years.

I believe the compromise coming back was to release him after this season. He wants to play in SF imo

They will not release him. They need to get draft capital/ players in return to offset the loss as best they can. Rodgers, even as his age, will bring back a minimum of two 1sts. My guess is Denver trades their 2022 1sts, the Rams 2022 2nd and 3rd as well as their own first in 2023. Steep price for a guy his age, but if he plays 3-5 seasons they are a championship caliber team that entire time.

Definitely curious to see what happens. We will revisit once everything unfolds this off-season.

I completely agree. He’s just messing with those media clowns, which they deserve. I always hated Rodgers mostly for kicking our asses for 15 years, but the more I’ve listened to him on Pat Mcafee’s show, the more respect I have for him.

And Rodgers would be a fool to leave the Packers right now. They have a solid rushing attack with 2 good backs and Adams might be the best WR in the NFL to go with a strong defense. They barely lost in the NFC championship last year and are likely going to get the only bye this year. Why would you leave that spot? Remember when Favre left for the Jets!

1 Like

He was traded to the jets.

1 Like

Based on what? SF being his favorite team growing up? They have no capital to offer GB.

I get so tired of his drama. I would argue he is the greatest QB of all time, but he is one of the most annoying players in the league. The guy wins the division and makes the championship game a lot of years. He really couldn’t ask to be in a better situation. Yet, he is still unhappy. I just find him so unlikeable.

The only legit gripe is taking Love with that first rounder a couple of years ago. GB GM trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Such a Bob Quinn move. You win window is NOW, pal. Go get him a weapon to put yourselves over the top.

1 Like

If the 49ers pass on Rogers the fan base may revolt. Especially if/when it comes out that they turned down signing Tom Brady.

Here’s the thing though. Rogers is mad they took love. He wanted another weapon. I get that but the packers also have to plan for the future at some point. Rogers is in his late 30’s and starting to deal with injuries more and more.

On a side note I think it’s funny how much Rogers complains about not having enough weapons. If you look at it though he always has one great wideout, good to great running backs. He alway has a very good offensive line with multiple pro bowl players. And more often than not he’s backed up by a defense that’s top half of the league if not top ten. I think most quarterbacks would kill for that kind of “lack of support “. Shame Rogers has to do it all himself.

I hear you, and I’m sure that is what they were thinking. But to me was a mistake with a team as close as the Packers were. I mean the 2019 Packers were 13-3 and within a FG of going to the SB and you waste a first rounder on a QB? I could perhaps get behind it more if you went full ahead with a rebuild strategy and gave up a lot to get a guy like Herbert. Jordan Love seemed like a massive stretch, even at the time. Its a case of an organization overthinking it. Or trying to catch lightening in a bottle twice in 15 years.

I get that too but the nfl is also such a strange league. This years 13 win team can easily be next years 6 win team if you’re not careful how you draft. Schedule, injuries and sheer dumb luck play such a big role in the modern nfl. They probably were hoping lightning would struck twice but they were also maybe looking at having a good backup quarterback in case something happened to Rogers. Who knows. :man_shrugging:

They don’t have anything to offer the Packers.

I don’t know if they have to. Didn’t Rogers and the packers reach an agreement this off-season to part ways? Wasn’t that part of the deal for him to come back and play in Green Bay this year?

No, he’s under contract through 2022. They only voided 2023.

GB hasn’t spent the last 30 years dominating this division by making decisions like this.

He’s under contract in 2022 so they can get a return if he wants to leave. Why would they just give him away? :rofl:

The compromise was they wouldn’t use the tag.

That’s my point, Rodgers is not a free agent, the Packers could trade him anywhere. He’d be fool to not stay where he is.

Don’t forget the striped shirts.

1 Like

Derp! I missed what you were saying. :joy:

1 Like

Imagine he says trade me, and the Packers send him to Houston or the Jets, lol

1 Like

Man look at my nickname