After the bye week

Just a couple more weeks and then we’ll be renaming Detroit “Ja’Motown.”

1 Like

I wonder how good he will be after missing so much time. It wasn’t like he was all that heralded before the injury either making a really bad Lions team as an udfa. My expectations are measured - although I really liked what he put on tape last year. That said, Parker didn’t get injured, had more playing time, and got cut this season. The roster is better this year clearly.

The secondary is razor thin right now and only going to get worse throughout the year. If Jacobs can bounce back and be a steady contributor it would be a huge help. I’m rooting for him. But I’m fairly measured with my expectations

1 Like

At this point I’m expecting Jacobs to be solid depth. If he becomes more then great. I think the big difference between Jacobs and Parker is that Parker only played the slot. That’s the position we upgraded most this off season. Jacobs is also good on special teams as well from what I remember.

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s his route running ability combined with his speed that makes him really special. A fully healthy Jamo makes it simultaneously impossible to give him a cushion and impossible not to give him a cushion.

If he’s just an elite speedster running 9 routes all game long, I don’t think that will be nearly as helpful as what we’re all hoping to see out of him.

1 Like

I think he’ll be more than that. Just in a very limited role to start.

Exactly! That one makes no sense, he’s not even practicing. We should have IR’d Levi and we could have signed someone else to the active roster.

As long as you have long help for Jacobs, he’ll clean up the the short area once he’s ready. Run game, no problem.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.