Alaric Jackson comes home

Former IOWA LT, went undrafted, I had hoped we would bring him in as an UDFA. IOWA had Tristen Wirfs on the right side and even though he was by far the better tackle Jackson couldn’t make the adjustment to the right side. AJ is from Detroit, his whole family lives there and they are all Lions fans. “I bought like $10K of tickets, dude,” Jackson said, shaking his head. “It’s a lot of family. I’m very inclusive and I love everybody. … And honestly, they’re all Lions fans, so it’s kind of like, forget them until after the game. I love you, but right now I’m busy.” He got tickets from team mates, etc, because they knew of his situation. Going to be interesting to see how he fares against our DL Sunday.

From today’s Detroit news;

Alaric Jackson relishes playoff homecoming

He would’ve been a great addition to the OL corps. And the Rams only had to spend $20,000 to get him:

The Lions spent way more on other undrafted rookie free agents.

At the time I was like, “WTF”, doesn’t cost shit to see what’s there. He didn’t have any off field issues, it just didn’t make sense. And now he’s the starting LT against us, perfect.

Lions 2021 UDFA signings

UPDATE: The Lions have confirmed all 13 signings below:

RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas
RB Dedrick Mills, Nebraska
WR Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas State
WR Javon McKinley, Notre Dame (reported $100,000 guaranteed)
WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest
TE Brock Wright, Notre Dame
TE Jake Hausmann, Ohio State
G Tommy Kraemer, Notre Dame
C Drake Jackson, Kentucky
LB Tavante Beckett, Marshall
DB D’Angelo Amos, Virginia
CB Jerry Jacobs, Arkansas
CB AJ Parker, Kansas State (reported $35,000 guaranteed)

There was room for him. Wasted $100K on Javon McKinley.

1 Like

I actually liked that signing quite a bit

I liked Surrat, thought he would make it.

His baby bro had a pretty nice year at JMU. Sage was always going to have to bulk up and be a TE bc of his lack of wheels.

Btw, what’s with the two similar handles? When I want to tag you in a thread I’m never sure which to use.

1 Like

There’s more than 2, just got a new computer and forgot the pass word but remembered the one from before, done that a couple times over the years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.