Albums you think don’t have a single bad song on them

Oh yeah, my go to album on the way back from work with the top down…Feel good music even though you might have had a shitty day at work.

Gosmack-Godsmack

Great White Absolute Hits

Kiss -Smashes, Thrashes, & Hits

Fleetwood Mac- Very Best Of

Guns & Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Metallica- The Black Album

Staind- The Singles 1996-2006

1 Like

Not really fair because they are best of albums …Great Albums none the less .

1 Like

Hits albums are collections, they are not a record
They do not belong for sure

4 Likes

I was on the fence with infinity. There are a couple of duds on there, I think.
I have been thinking about REO, too, but don’t have the albums committed to memory to know.

A couple other hunches would be Styx, Rush and I believe the Scorpions early 80’s album was good throughout. Just have to look them up to validate.

Another couple from back in the day that I might look up before nominating are Queen and the Nuge. I’m thinking Wango Tango was cover to cover good.

Trivium’s new album, if you’re into metal. Master of Puppets - Metallica, Far Beyond Driven - Pantera, Horizons - Parkway Drive, Resurrection - Chimaira. Too many man! But those are my personal tastes, I realize it won’t be the popular cup of tea lol.

3 Likes

Tesla Mechnical Resonance
Def Leppard High n Dry

“technically yes.” Yet some bands have ‘their’ greatest hits and there are songs I don’t care for on them.

kind of like some bands don’t sound that good live, but noticeably better IF you have their CD…lol.

Makes no sense wolf
A hits collection is not an album, flat out
I don’t want to get into the philosophy of it but no, greatest hits collections are merely a repackaging of material to get money from people that aren’t really fans

1 Like

Tool- Lateralus, but I like most songs by them
Porcupine Tree-Fear of a Blank Planet

Tower of Power…”Oakland Stroke”

1 Like

Van Halen - Fair Warning
Scorpions -Blackout
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

1 Like

Kind of Blue
Songs in the Key if Life
Tommy, sort of.
Take 6 debut album
An Innocent Man
Sports
Revolver
Morning Dance-Spyro Gyra

Anything Singers Unlimited

1 Like

And I never ever understoof how Rumors was this Holy of Holies…

Just looking up some of the albums that I kind of remember over the years. Yikes. It literally does take a decade of albums to create one album’s worth of good songs.

That said, Love At First Sting by the Scorpions is pretty good album. It’s still the Scorpions, but I don’t think there’s a bad song on it.

1 Like

Ascendancy was my favorite album back when it came out, I was on the road crew for roadrunner records at the time and they were sort of “my little secret” back then before they got popular (mostly in Europe). The banner on their website was a picture that I took for a couple years. Anyway, cool dudes, great album, I haven’t listened to them as much since shogun, they changed their sound a lot.

1 Like

I’m a Chris Cornell fanboy so I like all the recordings after badmotorfinger, all his solo albums including Scream, and everything from Audioslave. Also, everything Incubus after Fungus Amongus. Just nothing live. I loathe live concert recordings.

I used to own FungusAmongus. I was a huge of Incubus S.C.I.E.N.C.E. when it came out. Think I was 16.

I really like the bassist in particular so naturally Fungus Amongus was a fun album. So for about a year I was a big Incubus fan.

And then Epic found out that girls thought Brandon Boyd was cute and the rest of their career happened. It’s a shame IMO. But they made a ton of money so more power to them.

LOL…OMG I love that stuff too.

My Dad used to listen to that stuff when I was like 5 years old. No one else knows what that stuff is.

That’s it. My son loves that album. It definitely is one of the albums in which there really is no point to skipping a tune. That album is basically just a mood.

1 Like