All time Lion Roster

I did too. If you’re talking about year 2000 forward, he’s tops.

1 Like

Post WW2 only.

Current players in bold

1 Like

Decker ahead of Lomas Brown at LT as the starter?

Lomas Brown’s Career highlights and awards

Taylor Decker’s Career highlights and awards

2 Likes

LaPorta ahead of HOFer Charlie Sanders?

Charlie Sanders’ Career highlights and awards

A lot stiffer competition at LT for decker than Brown.
I flipped a coin, but that was my rationale.
Trent Williams, Tyron Smit, Joe Thomas.
Those 3 might all go down as top 5 OT of all time!
Its close but i hear ya

Projecting. At careers end, im willing to bet laporta will out do sanders

Perriman starting over Herman Moore?

Couple typos:

Lanel presumably is a reference to Dick “Night Train” Lane

Sewell at starting LG must be a copy and paste error given he’s never played the position

2 Likes

Im projecting I will retire with $100 million

3 Likes

Yea Natty wasn’t very specific… are we talking all time team based on past performances, are projections allowed, or players who had amazing seasons but had short careers?

Very disappointed with the lack of structure here.
:joy:

Natty did take the entire current Lions oline… so projections do seem to be allowed. :wink:

1 Like

And one good year from LaPorta puts him ahead of Charlie Sanders, whose number we retired?

I Dont Think So No Thank You GIF by Coming to America

2 Likes

I don’t want to do it now, but I could make a very good case for Herman Moore over Megatron, much less Perriman.

But Moore, Perriman, and Johnny Morton on one team was ridiculous.

2 Likes

LG H. Sewell #66 DET 1953-1963 4x pro bowl 1x 2nd team.

And yes Stupid typo on Lane.

As for Perriman over Moore. Only because of style. X vs Y WR.

Moore and CJ are X.
Perriman and Studstill are Y.

But yes if were talking PURELY ranking WRs 1-6 yes CJ 1 Moore 2 perriman 3.

Suh with ~this~ front office, ~this~ head coach and ~these~ men among men? Would totally have changed his outlook. He’s so naturally gifted, yet stubborn as an ox. Sewell, Hutch and St Brown as leaders on this team would have impacted Suh’s attitude in a major way, IMO.

But Schwartz just kept feeding his ego and what’s done is done.

Sorry for the tangent, but you mentioned Suh. :slight_smile:

The 90’s teams had gotten close with a good mix on the front 7, but always searching on the back end. The offense never seemed to assemble the right balance of pass+run.

I say it a lot, but it probably doesn’t register (because I can’t make the point well), but… You can have a run game that puts up a lot of yards, yet be unreliable at the same time. We’ve seen it during the Barry years and even recently with Bush and Bell. Whether it’s the RB or the OL, when you’re stuffed behind the LOS near the league-worst, yet cranking out a fair number of yards, it’s still a sucky run-game IMO. I’d rather my RB’s be contacted in plus territory (relative to the LOS), than in the backfield. At least if it’s beyond the LOS then all of your parts are working together. That’s where we’re kind of at now, though I think that it’s still a bit of a work in progress. From a roster standpoint, we have some true studs like we have in the past, but we’re possibly more complete at the same time.

Still, something in me wants to go look at those 90’s rosters in Barry’s 2k season to kind of match them up against today’s.

2 Likes

Talent: the 90’s
Coaching: now

Overall: now

1 Like

highly encouraged

1 Like

Few names are not even close Bly is not even in top 15 CB.s I like CJ an Moore not sure who I take as #3 .I look fro steady not flash plays. I have seen many over the years all the way back to Layne an it unfair to the older players to compare to players now. Example Doak Walker played CB an Kicked FGs an was a RB/WR Box played TE an DE Players played an did it well at time more than one position. Then you have the equipment an the playing field . Players back then never had the training equipment they have now . It would be closer to pick say every ten years.

Also look at awards but don’t make that the only separator. There are few that stand out but just a few.

1 Like

With projections:
OL: Lomas Brown(LT), **Frank Ragnow(**G), Kevin Glover(C), Ed Flanagan (G), Penei Sewell (RT)
WR: Megatron, Herman Moore, Amon-Ra
TE: Charlie Sanders
RB: Barry Sanders, Billy Sims
QB: Matt Stafford (backup Goff)

Defense
Ends: Porcher, Hutch
DT: Karras, NT: Suh/Ball (really close)
LB’s: Wayne Walker, Mike Lucci, Jack Campbell
CB’s: Lem, LeBeau
S: Yale Lary, Brian Branch
K: Matt Prater
P: Ol’ Thunderfoot

There’s a chance for the following players, but I want to keep it real: LaPorta, Gibbs, Jamo, Alim, Terrion.
LB is tough. Seems not right to exclude Spielman. But Lucci was an animal and had the unfortunate experience to play at the same time Butkus played. Joe Schmidt is another name that feels should be on the list.

1 Like

Question Mark What GIF

1 Like

All very much before my time. I tried only picking guys I actually watched.

1 Like

No Bubba Baker?

5 Likes