All time Lion Roster

I should’ve clarified. My team is only guys I got to watch play. I was born in the 80’s. So Spielman, Lomas and Glover are the old vets.

1 Like

One Hundred puh-cent!

Any player from our history would have been better here, but Suh I s a stronger example because of his wiring.

Stafford would have been a crazy monster with this staff too.

Great point about “reliability” v “productivity”. PFF guys will have a hard time with it, but there is often a deeper reality than numbers reveal.

1 Like

I cannot believe that no one has filled the LS position on these dream teams.

For shame.

3 Likes

I did!

Mulhbach THE GOAT

2 Likes

You read it right

Jimmy Landes might get a reference!

Smile GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

I take exception with Brown on any team. After it was exposed that he intentionally allowed the opposing defense to hit Mitchell, I would bar him from any team related events.

No place fir that.

2 Likes

Freddie Scott was a good one with balls of steel. UNTIL he got crushed on a crossing route. Was never quite the same after.

2 Likes

Mitchell was a douche… but you still don’t try to get your own qb injured. That was kinda pathetic by Lomas and basically bragged about it years later.

3 Likes

Good points. Lomas has the whole mutiny thing though. Which doesn’t sit right with me.

2 Likes

Bubba Baker set the all time NFL record for sacks in a season as a Lion…as a rookie. Yes, they didnt “count” sacks back then as an official stat.

There have been multiple projects to go through the game tape and tote em up, so as to quantify other older monsters like Deacon Jones.

Baker 1978, 23 sacks. 131 career, which is 1 less than Lawrence Taylor.

That guy should be on every single one of these lists.

6 Likes

4 Likes

SMH at people putting Goff on the all Lions team.

Let’s see if my brain works:

QB- Stafford (OBVIOUSLY)
RB- Barry. RB2 Gibbs because of the excitement factor. But it should be DMont.
FB/H Back- Schlesinger
WR1- Calvin
WR2- ARSB
WR3- Herman
WR4- Roy Williams (I loved Roy).
TE- Sanders. TE 2 LaPorta.
OLine- Sewell, Sims, Ragnow, Lomas, Decker.
DLine- Hutch, Suh, Rogers, Snacks, Porcher. Ziggy
LB’s- Levy, Spielman, Schmidt, Boss
CB’s- Bly, Slay, ALFONSO SMITH
S- GQ. Bennie.
K- HAN-SON
P- Fox

1 Like

Is it?
What about the QB that won championships in Detroit?
Bobby Layne?

You’re showing your age.

1 Like