Alternate covid reality

They are structured different, in bite size pieces. Our country isn’t structured like that, and its much larger. Our states are supposed to operate like countries, with the governor being the ruler of his country with his own legislation. I’m sorry you want to let these people off the hook for political points, I’m just not that kind.

You want to blame the CEO when the carpenter runs out of nails.

How can something as ambiguous as “fair number” be an UNDENIABLE FACT.

1 Like

Because of the way our system is set up, and the size of each.

First off, the virus in Asia and the virus here are not the same one, it mutated in Europe and became much more contagious and that’s the virus we’re dealing with here. It’s almost like the “right wing” did the right thing (rhyme scheme :joy:) by shutting down travel from China. Secondly, when the “science” has the head of NIH and NIAID out there singing praises for NY saying “they did it right” when they didn’t even shut down and sanitize the largest public transportation system in the country until MAY and they were sending positive carriers of the virus back into nursing homes to kill thousands of people unnecessarily… Yeah, I’m going to give pause to what these “scientists” are saying. Lastly, the Asian countries are treating this in a much different manner and with a much higher success rate (at least in the beginning) than the doctors in the US. Again, causing me to question anyone in the medical field who are “experts” bc clearly a lot of people have their head up their ass.

As to your point, argent, Wes did a nice job of illustrating the differences between America and Europe and how you should be comparing the two. I suggest you be a little less close minded and look at what he’s explaining because it’s the right way to look at things.

2 Likes

Our states are not autonomous. When something like a pandemic hits the leadership should have then and still should come from the top. The fed’s had a playbook and a system to deal with this event, why would states assume that they needed their own? The money and support the states need comes from the federal gov’t. State laws are struck down all the time by the SCOTUS, how could that happen if they were autonomous? Our states are not suppose to act like countries.

Yes, they are, and to say otherwise is dishonest. The federal government did it’s part in supplying funding and supplies for any and all states that requested it. it’s up to each state to know what’s best for it’s population.

Let’s walk thru this. You want a federal agent sent out to every hospital in the country so that they can personally take the inventory of each hospitals masks and gloves every day? And if they are low, its the federal governments job to restock them? And if it doesn’t get stocked sufficiently, its the federal governments fault?

Think about your answer and don’t get ahead of me.

you’re helping make my point whether you know it or not and digging a deeper hole vs adding anything factual to advance the conversation to support the made-up argument you’re still trying to make. you didn’t know what you were talking about originally and you still don’t. you make generalizations with no substance or background. you’re still trying to make excuses that don’t exist. keep fighting it.

still nothing.

No, I did not make your point in the slightest. But its okay, you are beyond help at this point.

you realize that what you’re saying makes no sense. if the virus mutated in europe and that’s the one that’s in the usa, how did shutting down travel from china help the usa?

also, if the virus is the same mutated strain in the usa that’s in europe, why are some countries in europe handling it better than the usa?

do be fair, he doesn’t know that he’s talking about. i actually listened to what he wrote. i suggest both you and he should be a little less close-minded and listen to what other’s are explaining.

Deaths per million
Belgium - 858.43
UK - 681.5
Spain - 608.3
Italy - 580.13
Sweden - 553.76
Chile - 454
France - 450.53
USA - 430.1

1 Like

It makes perfect sense, remember when they found out the first cases in Washington state were from Europe? That surprised a lot of people. But shutting down travel from Asia helped immensely, that’s why the west coast didn’t get hit as hard and also why they’re seeing a spike now.

USA is right in the middle of the pack as far as European countries go, not sure what you’re referring to.

Guess we’ll agree to disagree… His point remains valid and is exactly how I see the situation as well.

Oh yes, lol, that’s exactly what I meant. Simple question, do you think that the feds should have had any role in this?

Absolutely, and we were getting to that.

Really. and just “how” were we doing that?

We were walking thru the process and all of the different levels before it gets to the federal government.

Oh so the federal gov’t had no responsibility until the states asked for help?

You asked me if the feds have a role, and I said yes. So how do we get back to the standard “OMG you are saying they don’t have to do ANYTHING” argument that’s tired and boring? There is a chain of command and responsibility in all of this. But again I go back to the same analogy because its spot on. The carpenters are running out of nails and some people are immediately blaming the CEO of the company, and letting other people completely off the hook for their failure and/or role in the situation.