Amon Ra is that guy

There is also a bigger point to be made here. Being a high production receiver in the NFL is more than just talent and film study. Putting in the work gains trust from the coaching staff to put the receiver near the top of the progression and it also gives the quarterback confidence to make the throw. You’ve heard Dan Campbell say over and over “can I trust him?” The work that a guy like Amon-Ra puts in encourages everyone to trust them.

9 Likes

An amazing draft class for WRs, both at the time and in hindsight.

5 Likes

It sounds like overreaction, but I completely agree dude. It’s hard for the brain to accept because he wasn’t supposed to be special.

6 Likes

LOVE all of this
Williams will have as much impact or more.
These dudes will win titles together.

Please be “th guy” @QB, brother Goff

If we can spend all of our draft capital on other positions, this team is CLOSE

8 Likes

This guy impresses the hell out of me. It’s clear he’s special.

7 Likes

I love how driven he is. He’s special. Most definitely a piece of the foundation that this new Lions attitude is being built on.

5 Likes

Can we extend him now? Or can you not do that on a rookie contract?

4 Likes

St Brown has been the best receiver we’ve had since CJ and GT, and I’d argue he’s better than both because of how consistent he’s been… short time table I know… but teams know he’s a target and he still gets open. Dude is special

3 Likes

On draft day Magic Johnson called him personally to congratuate him and wish him luck with his “hometown Lions.” It wasn’t an organization call, or any ties to the actual Lions. That’s just the kind of circles he grew up in, and how proud high level people around his orbit were in him. When he dyed his hair blonde, a reporter made a joke about him trying to look like Dennis Rodman. Amon-Ra is too young to fully appreciate the reference. But what he said next tells you the level this kid was raised. While he is too young to get the blonde hair Dennis Rodman reference, he points out that Rodman had a house near where he grew up and his dad hung out with him.

Nothing about this stage is new to Amon-Ra. He was born for this and worked his entire life for this moment. Amon-Ra St. Brown is what it looks like when opportunity meets preparation.

5 Likes

Quote from Peter Schrager on GMFB about ARSB this morning, “He’s the best player in football.”

9 Likes

Wow. That’s a bold statement.

2 Likes

after the 2023 season… has to be after 3rd year.

3 Likes

Kyle Brandt just made a similar comment that ARSB should receive all four of the show’s game balls, because he is definitely the best player in football right now.

I know these are talking heads, but damn it’s nice to hear some positives about our players!

5 Likes

Lol, …the fuk???

Did I just read that right?

What’s next, Nate’s actually also going to say something positive about your QB, (I know, I know…Baby steps)

“His eyes open” (I kid)

Bravo

3 Likes

Is it weird that I sort of hate when they say stuff like that? As if they are jinxing us, and it portends bad things happening?

Ugh. I’ve been following this team too long… it’s got me paranoid.

Please keep telling him he’s not the best. I like his reaction to it.

2 Likes

He’s Hines Ward, but even better!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Been thinking the same thing about the Hines Ward comparison. Love how our WRs are blocking.

2 Likes

St. Brown’s stats his past 8 games. You are about to get more erect than you thought possible, lol

68 catches for 869 total yards, 8 TDS! And he also has 130 yards rushing and another TD on the ground in those 8 games. In other words he’s averaging over 100 yards per game for half a season, this is no small sample.

5 Likes