Amon-Ra is very good, but is he an elite WR?

Great comparison.

I was thinking a Wes Welker type player which in my opinion would be amazing. Kept thinking it’s ironic if you remember the 2007 pats combo of Welker and Moss. We sorta have the start to our combo.

2 Likes

He does not have elite speed or ability to win many 50/50 balls. He is a dawg who wins on smarts, toughness, grit and hard work. His game can continue to evolve but he will not be on Jefferson etc level. Fans should be very happy to have him, though he is a tremendous player.

2 Likes

Also - that isn’t counting what he brings in energy & leadership!
He’s REALLY valuable.

This is why I on’t want to spend a ton of FA…
Ra
Jamoss
Hutch
Sewell
Kerby
…all of these cats are eventually gonna be coming up eventually.
…Holmes is going to keep bringing in great players.

2 Likes

I will say Amon Ra St Brown is elite.

4 Likes

while these skills can help a player be elite, they are not required to be an elite player. ARSB is definitely elite and shows it every week.

3 Likes

He aint no gutter pussy I’ll tell ya that much Wolf!!

2 Likes

Disagree. Tyreek Hill for example became elite once he ran better routes and can compete for 50/50 balls. St Brown isn’t there yet… but he can get there. He is an incredibly hard worker so he can add some more tools to the toolbox.

Great player. Happy to have him. Not elite YET though.

2 Likes

Soo the original poster believes only fast deep ball wr’s are elite wr’s? Or only fast wr’s are elite? Or only wr’s who catch 50/59 balls are elite?

2 Likes

When you think elite receivers:

Tyreek
Justin Jefferson
Adams
Diggs

St Brown isn’t on that level

Omg! He catches everything thrown to his neck of the woods.
So, what if it’s decided that he’s not elite? Time to upgrade?
Just can’t appreciate nice things!

1 Like

Completely disagree.

Hill was elite immediately. Certain players are insane immediately if one or two traits are that off the charts. He is one of those kinda players. People feared him for the second he took his first 10 yard slant 80 for a td.

You have identified a few traits that you deem make a wr elite. But it’s not simply those two traits or possessing one of those two traits. It’s a whole list of traits and how many does a player possess and what he does on the field w those traits. St brown is an insane route runner. He has incredible hands. He is a very good blocker, he is extremely tough and well conditioned, he has a fire that very few can match. He has a team first mentality that few posses. He has incredible feel and concentration. He does do well on 50/50 balls, his game may never be a post route 40’yatds down field. Doesn’t have to be.

2 Likes

Rich Eisen would like a word.

6 Likes

Yes.

Considering he’s our no 1 target and there hasn’t really been a legit deep threat or no 2 on the team so defenses will scheme for him primarily, his production has been pretty absurd. He might not have the huge deep plays that the star receivers make their names on, but 12 yard receptions that move the chains are the lifeblood of an offense and there is no one more reliable in the league for those kinds of plays than him.

2 Likes

St. Brown is precocious. He’s playing like year 4-5 Hines Ward:

4 Likes

No Cooper Kupp?

1 Like

I know he is the type of man i would want to goto war with. He is a goddamn warrior. And he hasn’t reached his potential. He is just getting started.

3 Likes

Sun God is elite. He doesn’t make the flying leap splash plays, but he is absurdly consistent and gets the job done on 3rd down every time as long as Goff can get him the ball. He might be the best route runner in the entire league, which is nuts for a guy who who has barely played a full season when you count how little time he got during the 1st half of his rookie year.

We probably haven’t seen his best football yet. As long as the Lions have just enough deep threats to make double covering St. Brown impossible, he will keep churning out the 8 for 120 games.

7 Likes

Yes. Yes we do debate that. We debate if the sky is blue or if snow is white.

Get your mind right.

Even if you wanted to double him, he’s rarely stationary at the LOS, we have him in motion a ton, and in the slot, and even in the backfield. We use him all over the field. I hope they start game planning to take him away and then Jamo is going to be making house calls soon enough!

4 Likes

Do not eat the yellow snow @LineBusy

3 Likes