AMON Ra St. Brown has some dog in him!

Okay, nothing new to report. Just more evidence that he has the attitude to deliver the goods.

In light of the NFL combine and draft we just all lived through, I was paying attention to the # of bench press reps our pics could do. One extremely large pick did 23 reps, Not terrible, but I expected more from a huge lineman.

I googled Amon’s combine bench and he did 20. So how does a 197 pound WR do almost as much as a huge lineman?

The dog in him wanted it!

Next fourth own over 5 yards needed, Jared, please throw to ARSB!!!

sometimes arm length comes into play…shorter arms easier per see … definitely is a dawg.

2 Likes

St. Brown has an entire kennel in him.

3 Likes

Its gotta be the length of his arms.

2 Likes

Longer arms require more power to accomplish the longer muscle contractions. Hence more fatigue.

1 Like

We all get it. But 20 reps of 225 at 200lbs is damn scary.

Listen ARSB comes from sturdy stock and a father that knew how to lift weights and add strength. The St. Brown kids had an ELITE trainer at birth guiding them along. I could get into this a bit but lets just say that for the longest time I followed a 12-10-8 3 set pattern for basically all lifts. What the hell did I know. Then I did some reading and in 6 months added 40+ pounds to my bench alone by going to a 4 set 6 rep pattern on my bench.

The thing about ARSB that I really like is that he has been conditioning his body since birth. That means his muscle and frame are used to it. His bone density must be off the charts with all that lifting for so long. Which I am hoping means no major injures and short stays off the field when he does get injured.

The pound

1 Like

How much ya bench!?

Pump You Up Saturday Night Live GIF