Amon-Ra St. Brown says the Lions were the one team he hoped wouldn't draft him

It worked out better than he ever dreamed.

4 Likes

He’s not alone in that. More players than we care to know have have had those exact thoughts. Thankfully that’s all over now. Now there are players hoping to be drafted by the Lions. It shouldn’t have taken this long to get here. It just shows how important the right owner can be. Huge difference between a smart owner that wants to win vs owners that view it as a business and use it to make money. Or for social status. Thank you Sheila!

1 Like

Is this April fools !? “Hoped we wouldn’t draft him” ???

I have to admit I am still struggling to fully embrace all of this. All the years of disappointment have me still a bit gun shy. Like a kid who was beaten too much I still have some ticks that I struggle to control. But every day I am getting better and better.

I would say that if the Lions play at the same level as last season and win 10 games and get in the playoffs I will finally be able to just be super chill.

Next seasons schedule is lights out awesome. It is so much better to be playing the best teams and the biggest names in the prime time games. It is like a different league than what the Lions were in when they were playing the 4th place schedule.

If the lions win 10 games it will be the first time in franchise history they’ve won 10+ in back to back seasons.

2 Likes

He’s very lucky to have been drafted here. Without a true number one WR, the Lions made a concerted effort to get ASB the ball in the 2nd half of his rookie salary. He doesn’t get that offer if 90% of the other teams draft him. Never second guess any opportunity in life. You just never know.

Having a QB like Goff is also a huge plus.

Getting Ready Lets Go GIF by Banana Republic

1 Like

Who could have blamed him, then.
Our long time QB quit. Many of our free agent players refused to resign here.
Sheila created a miracle.

Yeah, Detroit was a talentless dumpster fire

1 Like

Its hard for people to keep in perspective NOW that we have seen how it unfolded. But when we were 1-5 (soon to be 1-6) after a 3 win season that was coming off of other losing seasons…the fans were at her throat. She came out and publicly addressed the situation and told everyone that there is a plan…its showing signs of working…and we just need to let the staff finish what they started. She was right.

Build a statue for Sheila and put these words engraved on it:

“I know this is difficult, a rebuild is hard, but we really believe in our process,” Hamp said. “We really believe in, we’re gonna turn this thing around the right way, through the draft. It requires patience, it’s frustrating. Am I frustrated? Absolutely. Are the fans frustrated? Absolutely. Are you guys frustrated? But, I really think we are making progress, you’ve seen it. This was a huge teardown and then turnaround. And, really, we’re only a third of the way through the season, we’ve got 11 more games to go. So, I just don’t want to push the panic button and give up the ship, because I think we’ve got the right people in place to pull this off and I truly believe that.”

2 Likes

Build the statue, and notify the Vatican.
We have all witnessed a bonifide miracle.

1 Like