An Absolute Must Read From Alex Anzalone

They only come attached to ski masks

2 Likes

Teams take on the personalities of their coach. Go back and watch the difference between anzalone’s physicality year one vs last year. He’s not the same linebacker. Just like Goff is a mentally tougher quarterback than he was with LA. Absolutely love this team and the work ethic they’ve brought in.

3 Likes

Just read the open letter from AA:

Inspired The Studio GIF by BLoafX

Incredible read! Thanks for sharing

5 Likes

Animated GIF

Are you going to watch it on Sunday?

It’s funny…. When we had our exit meetings with Dan the other day, he actually asked the same thing. I didn’t know how to answer. I honestly hadn’t even thought about it yet, and it kind of made me sick thinking about going to some Super Bowl party and standing around like an idiot, trying to pretend to be happy.

But Dan said, “No, you gotta watch it, man. Use every second of it as motivation. I’ll sure as hell be watching.”

I can’t help but have this image of Dan sitting in a dark room this Sunday, all by himself, gripping his coffee cup for three hours straight, staring daggers at the TV, just counting down the milliseconds until training camp starts and we can run it back.

You’re gonna have 53 dogs out there doing the exact same. You’re gonna have a whole coaching staff doing the same. You’re gonna have a whole city doing the same.

This year, it sucks.

Next year, it’s us.

Believe,

Alex

Coach dan’s quote reminds me of Apollo Creed…
-Pauly - “Yo, don’t listen to 'em, Rock”
-Apollo - “No! DO listen to 'em Rock! Cuz when this is all over, the entire world’s gonna owe you an apology”

2 Likes

His jealous wife makes him wear his hair long so other women will mistake him for a huge, ugly, woman and leave him alone.

…“bro” is a word

Michael Scott Wink GIF

100%, my bro! ALL of them have improved a ton.

2 Likes

Are you insinuating that there’s bald beauty there being held hostage? In that case, you better get his jersey and where it with pride. :laughing:

Awesome read @detroit1811 .

I believe.

Get It Prime Time GIF by California Almonds

2 Likes

I posted this in November. I don’t want to steal any thing from Det1811. He posted a great link. This is a really great article by AA giving some background to his misfortune. The two go together.

Again I’m not trying to distract from the OP.

No worries, I think everyone here enjoys when people post content, most of us can’t get enough of it. I read this article not long after it was released, but I’m sure there will be plenty of people that will see this and go read it for the first time or even re read it.

The Onwuzurike letter this past offseason was a hell of a read as well. Calvin Ridley also wrote one that was worth the read, even though it isn’t Detroit lions related. I really enjoy these current player written articles.

1 Like

Haha right… couldn’t be the head coach influencing him…:joy::joy::joy: no chance of that

I love these players.

I love these coaches.

I love these owners.

I love this front office.

Easily my favorite iteration of this franchise.

8 Likes

Older…wiser…handsomer.

shocked squirrel GIF

I’ve been avoiding basically any and everything lions since the NFC championship game.

This right here is the first real thing I’ve read and I’m telling you, if we thought this team was dangerous this year look out.

2023 was a prove it year
2024 will be a chip on the shoulder year

Make the playoffs go through Detroit, we will not lose. Getting very very similar and Erie parallels to the Michigan 2022 into 2023 season with something to prove after falling short.

Let’s buckle up and get ready!

1 Like

I have read sparingly little and have watched/listened next to no sports talk at all since the game.

1 Like

How much can I win if I bet 100 on lions to win super bowl? 1000?

$1,200 at the moment, tied with the Bengals. Man I wonder what it was MCDC’s first year.

Anzalone and Taylor Swift are from the same area of Pennsylvania. Just saying. They went to the same high school.