Analysis: Eagles have bigger problems than a 3-game losing streak

Part of the issue with the Eagles is…Matt Patricia is extremely unlikeable!!!

But on a more serious note, even hiring Patricia was a sign that something was “off” in Philly. And I think Sirianni wasn’t ready to be left with the keys to the kingdom after his buddies left for new head coaching jobs. Nick is an emotional guy like Jim Schwartz. The players can feed off of that energy. Dan is emotional as well but he doesn’t coach the same way. Once the losing started, the Eagles no longer had the winning mojo and Nick was powerless to right the ship.

I realize that pulling a team out of super long losing streaks is a gift. But its weird to me that at 10-1 the Eagles were starting to lose confidence in themselves. Their world began to crumble at 10-2. And at 10-3 the team was in a free fall and “heads must roll!” It was incredible how fast they fell apart.

2 Likes

Not only did they lose the coordinators and hire Fatty P… but they lost 5 or 6 starters on defense. That’s tough to overcome.

1 Like

And we must point out a critical thing that happened. Darius Slay left the team for in season surgery on a nagging injury immediately after Matt Patricia was announced as DC. Definitely not a coincidence. And while Philly TRIED to put out the right message when Patricia was hired, clearly they F’d up. And it was doubling down on bad decisions. Because the players wanted one of the existing Philly coaches to get the DC job after Gannon left. But instead they went out and got a guy who wasn’t qualified for the job, but he had an ivy league degree. Players notice that kind of stuff. So after that unqualified DC failed, the reigns were turned over to a rocket scientist that overthinks every situation so much that he literally does the worst thing he can do in his playcalling “because the offense will not expect it!”

3 Likes

The man with the opposite of the Midas touch.

Everything he comes into contact with turns to feces.

1 Like

I blame Pete Carroll and Darrel Bevell. If they run the ball on the goalline with Marshawn… fatty doesn’t get the genius label for the game ending INT in the super bowl and in turn we never hire him. Anyone got a time machine I can borrow? :laughing:

I then remember watching the Eagles drop 40 on Patricia with Nick Foles. We hired Patricia the next day.

2 Likes

The same guy that saved the Super Bowl against the Seahawks after barely playing all year…was benched in the Super Bowl against the Eagles after playing 98 percent of the snaps up to that point. “The Patriot Way.”

Random comment. Malcolm Butler was a Patriot DB who left to go to the Titans. Another Patriots DB who left to go to the Patriots, essentially ended the Patriots dynasty. We just didn’t know it at the time. Logan Ryan picked off Tom Brady for a pick 6 in the playoffs to beat the Pats. The dynasty died that day.

1 Like