Analysis: Patriots' problems are bigger than quarterback, blame starts with Bill Belichick

https://www.yahoo.com/news/analysis-patriots-problems-bigger-quarterback-052726408.html

Belichick’s decision to give Patricia offensive responsibilities last year was questionable. Only Jones knows how much going from McDaniels to Judge/Patricia affected his confidence and set him back.

We know.

It’s kind of a funny article.

The headline is 'Patriots’ problems are bigger than quarterback" and ends with: “The Patriots need a ton of help. A franchise QB would be a good start.”

So, they have a bunch of structural problems, but the answer is a savior QB! You know, because those are easy to find, after all. Sigh.

Oh, you also need a new coach and a new coaching staff and new players all over. But, let’s focus on the QB, except the premise of the article was that a QB won’t fix the problem. These guys should pick one theme per article…

1 Like

You may recall that BB went on a veteran FA spending spree before the 2021 season, which helped fill a plethora of holes created by bad drafting.

That helped the 10-7 Patriots to the wild card (and a loss). However, as the Lions learned over and over again before Holmes arrived, that approach isn’t sustainable. For the Patriots, the effect was fairly immediate:

Failing to muster a field goal on a defense we hung over forty points on should make even the most hard headed individual pause and reflect.

I disagree on the lack of value in the punter. That guy is one of the busiest players on the Pats. On a per kick basis he is probably a bargain.

I agree, there’s entire games where Jack Fox is like, “Hey, remember me? Sitting down here at the end of the bench collecting dust bunnies?”.

Great finds! You are a wizard at running these things down @FreebirdPartDeux !

Matt Patricia is a disease, inhabiting one, but affecting all