Anthony Richardson out for an extended Period of time

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1711321062577774679?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1711321062577774679|twgr^a0894dd764961e8fa76d657980bbaee586e3da90|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F173o8ps%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dtrue

i know we had mega discussions on the kid early last season to draft him, hes looked good so far, but has injury concerns, and a shoulder sprain is a significant injury

1 Like

I’ll spare y’all the novel that I just typed and deleted. I have a certain level of distrust for the way they’ve handled him thus far, but I’ll leave that alone.

Seems like his contact wasn’t that severe, so for there to be a Grade 3 Sprain I can’t help but expect he’ll eventually go under the knife and have that should “wound up tighter than a banjo string” as Stafford did 12 years ago.

1 Like

Needless to say I don’t like running QBs. 3rd game this guy has left early from injury and he’s started what 5 games total… People talk about his sky high ceiling but I actually see his ceiling as quite low. Brock Purdy is just another example of how unimportant these qualities are.

6 Likes

apparently he may not need surgery, hes getting an MRI so we will see if he does need it

I imagine there’s a bit of conversation about this in Indy. Is it “not need” or “need later”, ya know? Maybe the best course of action is to see if it happens again. Maybe it’s inevitable.

1 Like

Was watching the game when it happened. I’ll never understand why teams want to treat a QB like a RB.

That’s where I’m biting my tongue right now. Man, he’s a talent that needs to be developed, not RG3’d.

4 Likes

RG3 was that poor goat in the T Rex pen in Jurassic Park.

Richardson may simply just be brittle or his body hasn’t matured enough to take these hits.

Also, Bryce Young is going to have his soul knocked out of his body.

Spider-Man Fight GIF

2 Likes

To all that think that a running QB is the new, shinny toy:
thumb-ones-nose-2298540250

Richardson isn’t even that elusive, he’s a big powerful athlete with explosion, but avoiding hits isn’t his game. Cam Newton is the closest comp but he’s not going to have that good of a career most likely.

Has anyone else noticed that ESPN’s stats have been messed up for like forever?

This is not correct…

1 Like

Minshew has been pretty good in his absences

1 Like

Let’s see how Brock Purdy performs when everything doesn’t go perfect. He has yet to be challenged in anyway to this point in his career. I don’t think it’s hard to be the QB of the best team in the league.

The same could be said for Jared Goff. The guy is not an athlete, he can’t perform without a team around him. But he’s keeping 3rd overall pick Sam Darnold on the bench and he sent another 3rd overall pick to the Cowboys. Credit is due. He’s a good QB. If you think you need an athlete to win at QB maybe you’re focusing on the wrong position.

Huh? Then you’re simply defining “ceiling” differently. You can’t look at Anthony Richardson and say that if everything works out for him perfectly that his ceiling still isn’t very high. Even forgetting the athleticism, his raw arm talent is through the freaking roof.

Brock Purdy might be Joe Montana II for all we know but his ability to keep two busts on the bench probably isn’t good evidence to prove that.

Different for sure. I don’t think his skills are very important for the position he plays. He’s lacking in the important skills.

Interesting take. The opinion amongst the “experts” seems to be that Richardson has been quite impressive when he has played.

I’ve yet to watch an entire Colts game so I’m not going to weigh in directly but what I’ve read about the early innings of the Colts’ Anthony Richardson experience (outside of injury) has had a very positive leaning. :man_shrugging:

No chance for that guy to play in Frankfurt against the Patriots. So I have too see Minshew the second time (Jax vs Texans in London).

Btw I’ m glad Goff is a pocket passer and very durable.

Neither has Richardson.

3 Likes