Any thoughts on new DC if Glenn exits?

How did nobody else like this post?

Bunch of ■■■■■■■ philistines

I still think Steve Wilkes if AG doesn’t come back. I want AG back. Dude can develop talent. That defense improved dramatically over the final 8 games. The panther game was the only issue.

3 Likes

To my point about the defensive improvement. Watch this video. I’m lazy today and don’t want to list out the number and WW does have its flaws but they list out the actually numbers showing the dramatic improvement of the defense in the second half of the year……

@NowFromTN here is some adjustments:improvements to the defense that you had said earlier you needed to see and were not seeing regarding AG.

Second half of the year

Number 2 in the league in forcing to’s
Number 16 in red zone defense at 55%
Number 1 in the league in qb completion % 57%.
Number 1 in the league in INTS. 7 total.
Number 1 in the league qb passer rating if 74.9%

3 Likes

The emergence of Da Problem was a real game changer for the entire defense. Or maybe it was getting rid of Da Problem Pleasant. Either way I’ll take it. Now we gotta start next year playing good defense. 2 years in a row we got better late in the season, but started terribly.

3 Likes

I’ll be kind of surprised if Brian Flores ever gets another NFL head coaching job.

Is AG really a finalist or just a Rooney rule interviewee?

1 Like

You could be right. Don’t ever threaten the shield kind of thing. Definitely possible.

AG is at least more qualified than Saturday for the job, who had never coached in the nfl before and was given the head coaching job mid season.

2 Likes

Apparently, they’re bringing back almost all their first interviews for seconds, so maybe not as big of news as a second interview normally is. lol

1 Like

He’d be crazy to go right now, with the amount of talent going to be infused in this defense this offseason, top 5 potential without a doubt. There are head coaching jobs every single year.

Besides the weather in Arizona sucks compared to Detroit.

1 Like

Are you including Nov., Dec. Jan. Feb., March and 3/4 of April? I lived in the West Valley of Phoenix for 3-1/2 years, The summer there is no different than our winters here, but Sun year round. :innocent:

1 Like

Almost impossible. gotta find a way out from under him. he’s untradeable, for sure.

1 Like

I get the defense improved and I gave AG some credit for that after the season ended. But I believe most of that was in player development of our rookies, and he gets big Kudos for that. I think that is his strength. Where I think he lacks is in game planning and making in-game adjustments to what offenses are doing.
I actually hope he stays because the continuity would be big going into next year (I stated this in another thread). But the defense needs to start out strong next year, none of this 31st ranked crap.

3 Likes

That is really remarkable. What the heck was happening in the first half? We were on track for historically bad…

3 Likes

‘sarcasm’

1 Like

Richard just got canned from the saints. Not sure about d cord but i could see him getting added to the staff. He was saints co d cord

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints-fired-defensive-coordinator-on-wednesday-night

1 Like

Man, he was a major up-and-comer at one time. He could fit here or as the DC for either AG or Morris in Indy if either get the job.

1. health.
  2. competition
  3. coaching staff learning how to play their stars ie hutchinson. he was a bit invisible early on until they figured out how to use him properly.
1 Like

Capers ran a 3-4… and Glenn coached a talentless team in 21’ to some “gritty” showings despite the lack of talent.

Hutch
Houston
Buggs- 300% snap count improvement
Romeo- 200 plus snaps
Elliott
Joseph
Rodrigo
Okudah
Commish

He had a lot more talent to work with in 2022…. But he did spend 8 weeks trying to shove a square peg in a round hole…

1. Hutch can absolutely rush out of a 3 point stance, but he’s not Bosa or Garrett…. He’s his own man, but much more like TJ Watt…
  1. Da Problem played off ball LB at Florida, and edge at JSU, but in the NFL he’s a better player rushing from a 2 point…. It’s not that he can’t corner with his elite bend from a 3 point, it’s that teams will start washing him out and running at him - like M Parsons- if they try and make him a one trick pony-

2. Neither Anzalone nor Rodrigo are amazing at both stacking and shedding, and dropping. Having only 2 LBs at the second level is dangerous when one can’t cover his half the field, and one can’t effectively fill in his half.

• Soooo once Hutch begged to stand up, Da Problem got his reps at OLB/Edge and we rotated 3 big DL- we got far better at rushing QBs, hitting QBs, getting sacks and interceptions.

Makes you wonder if we had simply kept Capers or at least his scheme, would we have won 1-2 more games early on??