Anyone else having trouble quoting?

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I choose to quote someone, and then I hit the little quote icon and it shows up in my post. But when I actually create the post, my post does not contain the quote at all.

Also, can someone show me the best way to post gifs?

Before you start a reply, just highlight the part you want to quote and a reply box pops up with the highlighted part already put inside as a quote. Try it out on my post here.

Testing

1 Like

Woo hoo!

1 Like

https://cl.ly/8e87af9fe63b

1 Like

Just paste URL

2 Likes

Right. Really simple. No extra buttons to push. Give it a second to formulate after pasting.

1 Like

Copy GIF text.

Paste…

Then hit reply.

1 Like

No woohoo. Its hit and miss, just like the other way I was doing it. Sometimes it keeps the quote there. Other times it erases the quote when I post.

2 Likes

I had a hard time posting pictures at first BECAUSE it is so simple. I was used to other sites that make it a real PIA. I didn’t think to try the easiest way first.

3 Likes

Kind of like in high school and removing your girlfriends bra the first time. You were over thinking it.

2 Likes

You mean like the other DEN? They lock all the good tech there. You can’t even bold there without HTML.

I know, we should have a range set up for teens to practice doing that. It’s a real confidence killer when you have to stop doing everything else because this incredibly simple device has confounded you.

1 Like