Anyone in the draft you absolutely hate?

Fields

It still is VALID!:joy:

1 Like

I feel the same way about Paye as I did about Gary and Taco… Under produced for their physical abilities… Paye even more so to a degree, he’s a freak… I was very against both Taco and Gary, I’d consider taking Paye in the 2nd

After last night, you gotta not be a fan of Trask. Not mobile, can’t read the field, telegraphs throws. Not even as an UDFA.

Rashan Gary was the real freak athlete for his size…but still underproduced.
Paye was a 3 star who got better but I see nowhere near a 1st round pick.

6’4"-277lbs
I mean, come on. Almost 280lbs and nearly jumping 40" and running under 4.6?!?!
That’s some crazy #'s.

Has zero pass rush moves. No bend. Just runs straight upfield.

I’m excited to hopefully see someone come in who can use Okudah correctly. Still would have never taken him at 3 but nothing we can do now.

1 Like

Paye was #1 on The Athletic’s “50 Freakiest Athletes in College Football” list.

The Wolverines have a few special athletes on their defensive line Aidan Hutchinson also possesses impressive agility for his size, but the 6-4, 271-pound Paye (50 tackles, 12.5 for loss, 6.5 sacks) has generated a lot of buzz among the NFL scouting community for some remarkable wheels. He clocked the second-best 3-cone time on the team at a blistering 6.37 seconds, which would have topped anyone at the 2020 combine. Paye’s 40 is also moving at 4.57, with a solid 34-inch vertical and 30 reps on the bench press. Paye’s 40 time and 4.15 pro shuttle time are better than any D-lineman or edge player who tested at the 2020 combine. His 11.3 time in the 60-yard shuttle is also elite. Paye, a former high school running back who reported to Ann Arbor at 228 pounds, was a member of a state championship 4×100 meter relay team in high school and also won a state title in the long jump, going 21 feet, 5 inches as a junior. He has a rare blend of strength, control and balance and his change of direction is probably even better than former Wolverine Freak Rashan Gary

1 Like
  1. Fields.
  2. Anyone Quinn Likes
  3. A guy named Quit-E
  4. A WR (sorry, PTSD form the 2000s)

Guys who I love who will crush it for years to come?

1-5. The guy directly after our pick.

1 Like

I would argue that Gary was a fat boy who had natural blessings but the vision of his position was distorted. He tested well, and moved well for his size. But my position is that if he put on some more weight and played DT…he would stand out from most of the crowd. I will say it again. Gary is a natural fat boy with more slow twitch fibers in the grand scheme. If you move him inside he is special. But he wanted to be outside and the storyline played to that end. There are distorted images of him looking ripped that are not his reality. He will never be a Julius Peppers or Javon Kearse type freak athlete no matter what pictures or measurables that are posted.

In the end Gary will probably make as much or more money being decent in a role. Its a role that is glorified and he wants to be so bad…but that’s simply not in the cards for him to excel at it.

1 Like

Any QB not named Lawrence that the Lions draft in the 1st round.

1 Like

That’s funny because that’s how I always saw him too.
He reminds me of Corey Redding in that respect. He’d probably make a good inside pass-rusher but he’s just not so great outside, too big, no bend, no moves, no hustle.

Green Bay was a bad situation for him. We both agree that he’s more of a Cory Redding type player…or if he stays at end maybe he’s a James Hall? But GB took him and not only did they keep him outside, they moved him to LB. Its like me and you think of an offensive guy as more of a guard than a tackle, and a team drafts him and makes him a flex tight end. WTF?

1 Like

I think he would have made a good 3-4 DE…which was what I thought they’d do with him.
He’s got 7 sacks this season so far, so I dont know how good or bad he’s been.

Not to not pick, but yes got 5 sacks this year… 2.5 against Detroit of course :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I can’t shake the suspicion we take a WR at number 6-7

1 Like

Yep, those don’t really count if it’s against us! Lol

Who?
Jamarr or the kid from Alabama that didn’t get hurt?

1 Like

OIP

L’Carpetron Dookmarriot - WR out of SMU

Don’t want to see him on the Lions radar at all. Extremely overrated with no over the top speed.

1 Like