Apologies to Romeo Okwara

I thought he was done.

Two sacks.

https://images.app.goo.gl/vhUyVprNm9zaGsjn8

10 Likes

Yep, I’d just about written him off, too.

Lord, I sure hope we owe Levi an apology next year.

11 Likes

Yup, I was ready to cut him for cap savings. If he keeps that up the rest of the year, can’t do it! Charles Harris is pretty much toast though lol

7 Likes

100%

James Houston flashed again today - what a month it has been for him. Given how many wins he is getting in passing downs he looks like a huge addition. None of those sacks or pressures are of the clean up or effort variety.

Harris isn’t needed given the scheme change.

7 Likes

James Houston has done it again, racking up a sack for the fourth straight game to start his career. He’s just the third player to achieve the feat since sacks became an official statistic in 1982, joining Terrell Suggs (2003) and Santana Dotson (1992). He now has five sacks this season, which trails only Aidan Hutchinson among all rookies despite not making his NFL debut until Thanksgiving. Houston was raw coming out of Jackson State, but the Lions were crazy about his unique pass-rushing style too. His bend is elite. Of course, he you need to be able to do more than bend the edge to play at this level, and Houston became the only member of Detroit’s draft class to get cut coming out of training camp. Now, he’s one of the hottest pass rushers in the league. What a remarkable feat.

6 Likes

Loving all of this

4 Likes

Adios Austin Bryant !!!..Vamanos !!!

3 Likes

It’s actually fair to be pessimistic about any player coming off an Achilles injury.

It doesn’t mean it’s personal… just a nature of the injury.

On the other hand…. if Okwara and Okudah end up returning to play well enough to be building blocks…. it’s just gravy on top…

3 Likes

Happy for Romeo and Comisky had a big sack as well! :+1:

2 Likes

If we had to apologize to him the implications for this team are huge

3 Likes

Massive.

3 Likes

Okwara’s balls a so big he needs 2 sacks to hold them.

1 Like

So happy for Romeo, it’s such a long way back from an achilles tear…dude was a real factor today!!

Cominsky as well has been very good for us this year, gotta bring that guy back. Ever since we put Cominsky at D-end, teams have really struggled to run the ball against us. That is one massive D-end, 6’5 - 285, props to him and Romeo

And Houston, good lord!! He might get 10 sacks.

4 Likes

Was there a back story to his “camera pose” sack dance, or was it just for entertainment?

No idea to be honest! Someone must know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.