Are the Eagles still better than us?

Depends on the draft….

Is Gonzalez better now, ever than a fully healthy Okudah a year removed from his Achilles rehab- they always said it was a 2 year full recovery…. Is Gonzo better than Sutton- the #5 rated CB in the NFL last year?

Is T Wilson better than a healthy 10 sack Romeo? Better than what we saw in 2/3 of a season from Comish- the potential of Paschal and Houston?

• Carter and AA feel like massive upgrades from Buggs

• Anderson feels like a massive improvement over Romeo or Comish as a full time starter

• Bijan is a certain upgrade not just on our team, but I think he’d be RB1 on about 30 teams

• JSN- I think he or Q Johnston starts week one and is a massive upgrade over a Reynolds.

1 Like

They have AJ, Devonta, Quez, and Dallas Goedert.
And our WR group is ARSB and…

Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

3 Likes

Aj Brown
Devonta
Quez
G ward
B Covey??
Goedert
J Stoll
R Penny
Gainwell
Scott

ASB
Jamo
-C Tillman
Reynolds
Raymond
-LaPorta
Wright
-Bijan
D Montgomery
Swift

• if we drafted….

J Carter
Bijan
Tuli
Tillman
Laporta

I’d like our weapons, OL, DL better-

hmmmm shouldn’t this question be asked after the draft , waivers, trades, and all the other fun stuff of The offseason?

The Lions will kick the Eagles asses!

1 Like

So are the Eagles just punting on their draft this year? Not looking to upgrade at all?

1 Like

We’re not drafting Bijan, but the eagles might…

AJ Brown and Devonta Smith…one of the best 5 duos in the league, smashes ARSB and Jamo (right now)

Goedert smashes our TE room

Our backfield smashes theirs, but hurts makes it very close

Olines, wash

Hurts>Goff

Their offense is better

They only lost Hargrave from the best defensive line in football last year. Yeah it’s a big loss, but they still have very solid edge group with an interior than is better than ours. Their group is better than ours, but it’s close.

Linebackers…the weak link on both teams, wash

The secondary. They have the top 2 guys if both teams were combined. After that, we probably have the next best 3. Both have solid depth…I’ll go wash.

They are better on both sides of the ball and have a LOT more veteran talent…which matters. We aren’t passing them in 2023 (doesn’t mean we can’t beat them). But they are much much older and their time is running out due to contract issues and age.

We are in such a hurry to declare ourselves SB contenders. We weren’t even a playoff team last year. Gotta stop focusing on the best possible sample size and look at the entire picture. We are extremely young, we got hot the second half sure…but aside from the Bills, we didn’t exactly play anyone. I fully expect to be a playoff team and most likely host a playoff game. Should win a home playoff game too. But if we don’t, it wouldn’t be that surprising. Almost our entire talent pool is under 25 and it will be their first taste of postseason football. If we make a run it will be amazing but also should not be expected.

Our rebuild has gone about as good as possible. So good that it’s almost like a dream or a fantasy for any new regime come true. From year one of the replacements and going 3-13-1, to 9-8, and now a legit playoff team loaded with young talent, is truly incredible.

We are arriving, it’s gonna happen. But the eagles just played in the SB, with the best roster in all of football. They are loaded with veteran talent and experience. They also have two first rounders and very few holes to fill for 2023. Our outlook moving forward is better. But we are not and won’t be better or more talented in 2023.

yeah… they have 2 pick in the 1st round as well…

1 Like

No I presume they aren’t…. Punt on their picks

I also assume the will try to replace a 6 int stud SS, an 11 sack DT, a 1200 yard back, and their leading tackler at MLB…. That is an attempt to get back to even-

Then there are the 5 very key guys turning 33-36 this year-

Lane, Slay, Graham, Kelce, and Cox are all OLD! So let’s pretend Siriani and Howie don’t intend to suck in the next year…. Is there a team relying more on guys who be 32-36 years old in next year or so…

Please remember they also have crazy voided years coming, and they are already at 217M for their 30 guys under contract next year…

• 10- Skoronski
  • 20- Adebawore
  • 62- Sydney Brown
  • 94- Zach Evans

Even with that draft are they as good as last year?

Hargrove and Graham were 26 sacks… moving forward?

CGJ was their leading intercepted.

Kelce and Lane are close to pasture, and Semaulo is gone….

Penny? Really?

you are making a lot of assumptions on both sides…the lions and the eagles. You are fixated on the eagles future cap concerns and that is not something others are worried about, especially not the eagles. The cap is a social construct…it is not real…teams manipulate it every year…the good teams figure out ways to never be impacted…They have 2 first’s as @Phunnypharm has mentioned. They have 4 picks in the first 94. 3 in the top 62. They have Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean just sitting there after an adjustment of a rookie season for both. They have the best offensive line in football. They have two top 15 wr’s in the NFL…and that 15 is so you include Smith. Goddert is a top 5 tight end. They lose sanders but this is a deep NFL draft for running backs. What if Bijan goes there as there are rumors that he might??? What does that do to an offense with everything I mentioned and a quickly skyrocketing Jalen Hurts into the elite echelon of NFL qbs? They are bringing back Slay and Bradberry who were pro bowlers last year. They still have Graham and they still have Riddick. “Let’s pretend the eagles don’t plan on sucking”…dude they plan on getting back to the Super Bowl…does it happen? Who knows, my crystal ball is in the shop this week, but I would take the money on them being a top 3 NFC team in 2023 over the money saying they will be a bottom 3 NFC team or whatever “sucking” means record-wise.

If we are talking beyond 2023, I’m taking Detroit all day. But this is strictly about this upcoming season.

I just don’t see how anyone can look into both rosters and declare we are better right now or after the draft.

1 Like

go a step further…assume OUR guys that we take are gonna hit and be part of the reason we are better but their guys, even if they hit are not going to have a similar impact on their teams success.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.