Are the Vikings & Patriots going to be Dance Partners?

On paper, it’s a deal that makes a lot of sense for both sides…

whenever the Vikings are thinking of trading, I want to reach for my phone.

2 Likes

While I like the idea, from a Lions fan perspective, of the Vikings mortgaging their future for a lottery ticket at QB, why would they do that?

Surely, Mr. Moneyball Kwesi isn’t that dumb?

If Mr Kwesi doesn’t make a splash, someone else might be picking for the Vikings next year :thinking:

1 Like

My hope → in terms of re-alignment of division for next 20 years
… Vikings become recent Bears ( suck eternally)
… Bears become recent Vikings (some good rosters, but ultimately fail)
… Packers become a borderline playoff team & first round exit
&
…LIONS PUMMEL THE DIVISION FOR 20 YEARS

True.

They must be seriously thinking about moving up.

Wonder if they’d dangle Jefferson & No. 23 overall for the No. 2 overall?

I’ve heard the Vikings and Chargers have had a deal in place for awhile, they’re just waiting to see how the board falls. Could be smoke, but it’s also highly logical (which is why everyone’s been predicting it for a month).

1 Like

I think NE prefers to move down as well. I think both Wolf and Mayo are clear eyed as to how profound and widespread their athleticism issues are. If they get a haul.

Though they may love Maye or J.J or Jayden.

They might for sure. Their fanbase doesn’t think they will but fanbases are wrong all the time. Seems more likely they stick and take Maye if the Commies pass than vice versa, but that’s probably my own biases coming into play a little.

If it were me I’d just draft Harrison, but it seems like that’s the least likely option.

If Kwesi is willing to do 11, 23 and next year’s 1 for 3 I take that in a heartbeat.

I think that’s what it will cost him to trade with the Chargers

I’m a big believer in reading and playing into division cycles. If NE focuses on 2026 right now they can be the Alpha again soon. Along with the Bills.

I personally think they’re too hard to predict.

And nothing establishes a team in a division more so than nailing a QB pick. It’s why the Bills will still be there.

Maybe. I think we’re coming into an era in which a middle class QB begins to emerge. Not to say that titles won’t be determined by great QB play but I think we see Smith/Mayfield type success stories becoming more common as a greater understanding of QB friendly ecosystems and more offensive leaning rules continue to settle in.

I don’t think NE currently has the setup for Rookie QB success.

I certainly didn’t see the epic fail of Bryce Young coming. I think it shows the importance of a QB that stays in the pocket. Sure a Rodgers can succeed rolling out when he doesn’t need to, and Mahomes can dance around with his ludicrous agility (although I think the hits are starting to take it’s toll on him) but really you want that pocket passer. Of course, in Bryce’s defense most o-lines that suck get beat wide but his gives pressure right up the middle on almost every play. I mean you’re just f-ed in that case.

Probably not, and that’s the argument I often see against them drafting one.

But I’ve always said if you have faith in the guy it shouldn’t matter. The Bills roster wasn’t set up for QB success when they drafted either - and so it proved, they sucked - but have come out on the other end. The Colts when they drafted Manning, the Bengals when they drafted Burrow and Palmer, were all very thin rosters and that the QB had to try and carry at first, almost always to very little success. They all came through on the other side. Granted this happens less frequently than straight-up failure, but that’s an evaluation issue imo.

Even the Texans last year with Stroud. Everyone thought they were doomed based on their talent, (which is why everyone thought the Cards would be picking really high in this draft), Collins, Dell and Metchie were panned as a WR crew, their D was terrible, on and on. Things change quickly.

And honestly I think the Pats roster isn’t so bereft of talent, at least on the defensive side of the ball. Gonzalez, Barmore, Dugger, Judon, and Jones are really good players, and if Keion White can make a leap, coupled with some help from draft picks, I think Good coaching - like the Texans got - can make them look a lot better.

For sure, although there is nobody better than Mahomes at hobbling off the field unassisted.

1 Like

I doubt they’d trade Jefferson… I hate the guy but he’s probably the best WR in the nfl. Unless they just think he’s going to be way too expensive. If St. Brown might get 25 mill per season… Jefferson gotta be getting 30 or 35 mill per season.

He did have a brutal rookie season…but I wouldn’t count him out yet… they gotta get him some help though.

That owner is a clown though… Bryce couldn’t have been drafted to a worse franchise.

1 Like