Are you going to watch Calvin’s Induction?

Look both sides come off looking petty, but if Calvin had a problem with the wording of the contract as it pertained to his signing bonus then he shouldn’t have signed the document. Blame your agent, not your former employer for following the rules laid out in the contract. It’s like knowingly signing for a mortgage with a balloon payment and then getting pissed when the balloon comes due. Don’t blame the mortgage company…blame yourself or those who gave you bad advice.

Anyone who has worked over the past few decades know that things change often. Employers have switched up copays and deductions mid stream often at an alarming rate. Calvin had the chance (that frankly very few of us have) to have professional attorneys review the contract. So if they knew it was a possibility and didn’t tell him or if they told him and he signed it anyway, I just don’t see how this is the Lion’s problem. At this point what’s done is done and they should tell him to pound sand. The longer he is away from the game the less relevant and less of a distraction he becomes.

1 Like

It’s standard wording in a contract and it needs to be there to account for drugs and retiring one year into the contract (ala Barry). But teams don’t go after the signing bonus when a player retires. Drug issues . . . yes. Retiring one year into the contract . . . Yes. Jim Irsay could have recouped $25M from Andrew Luck when he retired, but he didn’t because he played 3 years into the contract. Jerry Jones could have recouped $5M from Tony Romo but didn’t.

When you have a clown like Wood running the team, maybe you need a 100 page contract to account for his inepttude and pettiness.

2 Likes

Hey another former Lion player reached the Hall…great !! sweet. As far as Calvin goes ? either STFU and play or go back to your mansion couch and quit bitching !

Pasture Natty! It has a ring to it :+1:

1 Like

So you’re suggesting that when asked questions in interviews, he shouldn’t answer questions truthfully to protect the Lions from their own ignorance and pettiness? . . . ok

Hell yeah I am.

I could give a flying turd about whether the Fords and him have beef about a bonus and if I did give the above mentioned aerial hunk of feces, I’d back Megatron.

He was an all time great for us, and an absolute joy to watch play.

1 Like

LOL :pray: :heart:

sorry didn’t suggest anything other than -happy he reached the HOF , feel he needs to put his head down and play ball and shut up. but yeah he SHOULD answer all questions he’s asked truthfully as a man and as a NFL player since your suggesting that ’ I’ EVER said “he should not.”

1 Like

Well I didn’t see where Deadstroke said you were suggesting that. He was asking a question “are you suggesting?” if you thought Calvin should not answer questions about the Lions in interviews. But you did, however, say that Calvin should either play ball or STFU so there is that… :man_shrugging:

You early don’t have a grasp on the issue.

Megabong? Nope
weed smoking GIF

I think for this

Lions have to get through the hall of fame.

You can’t just blame Calvin that he hasn’t gone away when the Lions bring him up and the nfl because he was , and now is , hall of fame bound.
The “distraction” in this case , Calvin making hall of fame , wasn’t hard to predict when he retired which is why many lions fans also sided with Calvin
Because this “distraction” the team helped create , is one of their own doing and predictable.

I still contend had lions not collected the unearned bonus , not many fans would’ve even noticed and it would be a non issue. We don’t care who “earned” the million. If Calvin didn’t , it slso doesn’t look like BQ , MFF , Wood earned it either given their job performance / success.

wesleysh21

11m

You early don’t have a grasp on the issue

Lol. Please enlighten me with your all knowing wisdom!!!

by STFU that means stop his whining and complaining.

The funny thing is you are doing exactly what you want him to stop doing… :laughing:

Thanks. I thought I was missing something.

The biggest salary, contract and cap expert on this board (not me) has been here explaining this for several years. Clearly you haven’t taken a single note. Like not even 1.

This is nothing like a damn mortgage.

1 Like

A contract is a contract is a contract. If Calvin was too stupid to realize that he might have to pay back a pro rated portion of his signing bonus if he were to not fulfill said contract then he most certainly is not too bright and looks even more ridiculous by constantly bringing it up to the media. If he is trying to get the average fan to sympathize because he missed out on a million bucks, that the Lions had every legal right to reclaim, then he has sorely miscalculated his audience.

We have already pointed out that you have no clue what the issue is. You didn’t have to triple down on your cluelessness. You did…so thank you for the extra effort making sure noone is left without a doubt. :rofl:

Tell me about a mortgage again. That one was especially entertaining.

2 Likes

“We” have determined? Wow completely delusional.