ARSB actual contract numbers

It’s a legit $28M extension and $36M in the final year is definitely fluff, but it might be reasonable in 2028. $28M per year if we ignore the final year. Really strong contract, better than any WR contract currently out there.

Florio has the numbers, but once again, because of his lack of understanding of contracts, he says some things about the contract that just isn’t accurate. His thoughts about Pittman having a better contract are ignorant. Which is a shame, because of what he says, many in the media, including Lions local media parrot his ignorance.

St Brown

One thing of note, his 2024 cap hit went up by $1.3M . . . interesting.

4 Likes

Good thoughts from a person with better understanding of the numbers than Florio. Florio should never offer analysis.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1783247845543268425

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1783248724426109391

2 Likes

I’m a little surprised at the 4th year funny money and had thought a couple times about arguing with you. LOL

I figured:
Larger SB
Lower 2025 base
I figured the 2027 salary would be a little higher, but as I’m thinking about this, all my guesstimations were previous to knowing the 2027 guarantee was against injury only.

1 Like

We could get out of the deal with less than 10mil in dead money in 2026 if something crazy happens. Thats a solid deal for both sides and st brown is clearly betting his elite play continues with such little guaranteed money beyond 2025. Keeps him motivated to keep producing.

OTC doesn’t have his $26.5M base in 2026 that is guaranteed in the dead cap number yet, so we can’t get out in 2026. But, we actually could get out of it after 2026 for $19M, in March of 2026, $7.4M of his 2027 salary becomes fully guaranteed, so you have ($3.3 * 2) + ($1.7M * 3) + $7.4.

Getting out of ARSB’s contract is the least of my worries.

2 Likes

Re working the contract thats the key. Both sewel and st brown’s contract look very, massagable after the first 2-3 years.

Both will likely be restructured or extended before the 2027 season