Arthur Smith gets 2nd interview

Ok, let me rephrase that. They stopped Henry, sure. I didn’t exactly watch all of that game, but shouldn’t it completely open up the pass if you shut down Derrick Henry? The OC should be able to exploit that right? If not, then credit Baltimore’s defense.

They were also without Corey Davis in that game

That’s what I’m saying. It your screenwriter friend wrote a script about his life you’d think, “That’s just too much. It’s not very realistic.”

Right!? I love success stories like that, he deserves everything he got, he earned it.

:eyes:

Holy shit!! If Arthur is half the man his father is/was, then he’s one hell of a person… I’d have to imagine he’s got a good head on his shoulders and possess good leadership traits. I’m liking him the more I learn, I’ll have to watch some interviews with him and see how he communicates.

1 Like

Your talking about an OC that Henry had his best years under and a 2000 yard season.

Tannehill had a career year under him.

He took over for Matt Lafluer and lead the Titans offense to their highest scoring offense in more than 15 years.

Here’s where his offense ranked this year.

• Yards per game: 396.4 (NFL rank: 2)
  • Points per game: 30.7 (rank 4)
  • Explosive plays: 115 (8)
  • First downs per game: 23.8 (4)

So I think I’d have to tip my hat to Baltimore for shutting Henry and that offense down.

3 Likes

I am too … I still like Saleh and Dodds better but he’s a close second for me.

The thing I really like about Smith is that he has survived the hiring of four head coaches for the Titans. That’s not easy to do when most HC’s want to bring in their own guys. Not only did he survive but managed to convince these coaches to let him coach both sides of the ball and eventually become an OC in a rather short time. That shows a level of competency that is apparently easily recognizable by multiple coaches. I find this rather impressive.

1 Like

Totally agree. I want Marv Lewis badly, but this fact makes Smith far more palatable to me than my initial perception.

That certainly helps, thanks!

Big fan of Smith

What I do not like is the simple formula he has had success with. We are not going to have that running game and as you saw Tennessee and Tanehill fell apart when someone stopped the run.

A good coordinator but the Titans offense can’t do the things that the packers, chiefs, saints, bucs offense can do.

You mean like have a 2000 yard rusher?
Or do you mean average over 30 pts a game?

You might want to look at the stats. The Titans, Packers, Saints, Chiefs and Bucs offenses are all very close in stats.

1 Like