As a human being

Blistering?

All I did was say he was a fine QB who, at this stage in his career, is super lucky to have the best WR in the league running free virtually every game.

I must be missing where I torched him.

Can we say others are lucky to have top wrs as well? . Brady had maybe the best TE in football ever. Manning had Harrison. Culpepper had moss, jim kelly had Reed, Montana and young had rice, Stafford had Johnson . I mean were those good qb…or was it the wr? Cousin’s at 35 is still playing like a top 12 qb this year, dude keeps his self pretty healthy as well.

I’m gonna switch it up a little bit with this one. And say that the general manager had a pretty good idea. That Shanahan would screw him up and needed an Insurance policy. And if it didn’t work out, he could probably flip cousins for whatever other piece of the puzzle u needed

Yep, got to have high-end talent. Still, Kirk is 12-20 in prime time and 1-4 in the playoffs. And career earnings of over $230 million. He’s done pretty well for himself. Likeable dude too.

And has had the last 3 years bottom of the barrel defense

Think about that. That whole scenario is doomed for failure. You’re talking about a high franchise 1st round draft choice and you’re hedging your bet?

I said that your criticism would be truly blistering if you are trying to “take something away” from a player. My point being is that you sure weren’t complimentary of Kirk despite him being a really good player.

Ahhhhh, but what if your shithead degenrate owner told you take RG3 when in your mind he had an unacceptable failure possibility…

So, you’re saying he does well accept on the big stage…that fits.

I would imagine that whomever drafted Cousins received a nasty phone call from the owner.

It’s highly irregular to draft 2 QB in the same draft.

Kirk Cousins always put up numbers…even in Washington. JJ does not make Kirk Cousins

With that OL and basically Hock and a rook in Addison, I think it would be a horror show without JJ. He’s an above average QB but just watching them this year I can’t imagine what that would look like without Jefferson.

I have always thought Cousins was a good QB. When he was drafted along with RG3 he was the better QB. RG3 was electric and threatened defenses with his legs - but if you watched games (I live in the DC area so see a lot of Washington) it was clear that Cousins had a better command of the team. Certainly not as talented but much better at running an offense.

RG III is who Dan Snyder wanted to draft.

It’s a lot like the Trey Lance / Brock Purdy situation.

RG III was the shiny new toy who could run Shanahan’s offense like the second coming of Steve Young. The younger Shanahan thought he had that in Lance.

It turns out the insurance: Cousins or Purdy, became more reliable and less injury prone.

1 Like

If I were Kirk I’d be keeping an eye on Atlanta. If they fix that offensive line in the off season that could be a very attractive destination. Not sure I trust their coach but I haven’t watched enough Falcons football to weigh in on that topic.

4 Likes

Yea, Falcons could make sense. The Falcons, Pats, and maybe a team like the Steelers. Pickett doesn’t look like the answer.

Also maybe the Jets if Rodgers doesn’t make it back.

Will clearly be teams interested in Cousins. He’s had a good career.

2 Likes