As expected, Cowboys decline fifth-year option on Trey Lance's contract

Of the four quarterbacks drafted in the first round in 2021, only Jacksonville’s Trevor Lawrence had his fifth-year option exercised.

A reminder about this season’s QB class and

glad for the Lions to have gotten Hendon Hooker in Rd 3.

3 Likes

How did NFL people get this so wrong?

Does the guy just have a shit attitude and/or work ethic? Was the talent simply not there? Or is it something else?

1 Like

I said no from Day 1, he played college ball on an All Star team that a whole lot of guys would have looked good playing QB. Old thread here, I was never on board…

CasanovaJack1

Feb '21

Trey Lance in 2020, 15-30 with 1 int for 149 yards. Against, apparently, a very improved Central Arkansas. His average per pass was 5 yards. This is the last game he played in, and it was at home. So, he had more int’s in 2020 than in 2019 even though he only played in 1 game. There is no way he should be taken in the first round. Wherever he goes he’s going to need to sit for a year and if teams rush him …good luck. WHY he’s a lock in the first just shows how desperate teams are for QB’s, because he doesn’t have the goods.

3 Likes

He was raw, inexperienced, and playing against a lower level of competition.

His Character grades were off the charts high…

He did come from inferior competition, took a year off, and then basically had a leg amputated when he saw nfl action…

I knew he was going to take a couple years of development after the injury before you would know anything about what you have. I kinda thought it was smart to put him behind Dak for a few years. Not that Dak is the intellectual to pass on knowledge. He is still a similar style qb to mentor him.

1 Like

He’ll always have that 60 yard td pass in preseason… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Sort of like David Kircus’s one TD catch in the NFL from Joey Harrington in 2004 against the Cowboys;

Starts at the 1:41-1:42 mark. Also, show a nice pick six by Dre Bly, followed by horrible Lions defense.

Nothing like watching Vinny Testaverde leave the retirement home to light up our sorry-ass defense in the air and on the ground. He was so damn old that he probably used his dentures as a mouth guard and depends as athletic supporters.

Remind me why the Cowboys traded for him again?

Michael Scott Wink GIF

bring him in cheap AF, develop him into a super star…trade him to an AFC team for 2 firsts and a 3rd

1 Like

Haha Lance would probably return a sack of marbles, a couple baseball cards and Petey the bird in a trade…

women care GIF

2 Likes

I’d trade Goff for him straight up. Lance does not throw wobbly balls.

season 2 stir the pot GIF by MTV Floribama Shore

1 Like

On average typically only 1.3-1.5 QBs in the first round end up being anything. Ie long term starters.

66 QBs have been selected in the first round since 2009.
3 Are Elite.
12 are/were Really really good
15 are average starters
9 are average backups
11 are Practice squad players
3 have been absolutely trash.

For those wondering elite
Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson,

Trash
Lance, Johnny Football, EJ Manual.

1 Like

But was he already there?

Yea he got injured and he was raw. Then he got jumped by purdy.

If there’s no purdy
He might still be being developed in SF.