At what cost

What was the cost to move up from 29 to 24 I can’t find it anywhere

I believe it was our 3rd pick.

No. 73 overall–the pick acquired for Hockenson. Lions got back a 2025 7th Rd pick (not sure why, but take what you can get, I guess).

1 Like

Honestly, whats a 3rd round pick gonna do? Never mind. Brad is good at his job.

Really tho, its very hard to get good players in the 3rd round. Developmental/depth guys vs a starter now.

I don’t know either, but I’ve been reading the message board and the way people have been talking I think we gave up our next 2 1st rounders…

3 Likes

depending on which trade value chart you use it was expensive to move up. Drafttec says we paid 865 to get 740 plus a 2025 7th which is about a 1.

In my view Arnold should have gone mid teens so that would have cost us our 1st and 2nd. (and I would have done it) so from that perspective it was cheap.

I preferred Mitchell but I LOVE THIS MOVE. Fill a position of need with a great prospect.

1 Like

Lions started trying to trade up for him in the teens where the cost was a 2 plus a pick next year. They finally got someone to accept the trade giving a 3rd and returning a 2025 7th. So they over paid but still got him for less than they were willing to pay.

1 Like

Yeah i stayed away from here yesterday. The draft brings out some peoples true colors. They really loose their shit because they were proven wrong. Brad is smarter than them and they cant handle it.

1 Like

I think the BNL have tranformed the fans too. There weren’t crazy drunken rants yesterday. Maybe today or tomorrow. It won’t be a draft without at least a taste of epic meltdowns from the past.

1 Like

Again, giving up a 3rd to secure the top CB in the draft is a no brainer. Still trying to figure out how this guy dropped this far. I wanted him or Mitchell and I was gonna be elated. Great way of combining talent and need in a pick.

This is a weak draft, so trading up to get your guy, a starter at a position of need, was a smart play.