Aubrey Pleasant Wasn't Happy With

You are making me remember when Dez Bryant was shown “blowing up” on the sidelines against us around 2013. The media reported it one way, but when you heard the mic’d up version of it you realize he was just passionately speaking about an adjustment they needed to make and hyping Romo up about it. And what’s the funniest part is Dez was dead right about what he was saying. He didn’t mention him by name but we all know Slay sucked early on. Why in the heck they didn’t go to Dez more often when matched up with Slay was mind boggling to me. He only got a handful of targets and 2 of them went for touchdowns.

1 Like

just listened to Campbell conference and Okudah made mistakes he should not have. The guy was mentally out of it. AP did the right thing and you notice in the video closely, Okudah admits to fucking up

1 Like

So Bench the guy, put the backup in. At that point you are going to get nothing from Okudah, so why bother losing your shit so much we all get to have fun with it? Sorry that’s just opening up the door for anyone with the team losing control of their emotions.

I love who Okudah is as a man, and it’s the main reason I believe in him. You literally could not have a better energy, a better attitude, more quality person. The only thing I promise you guys with Okudah is this … whatever talent and health level his body has in it, we will get that out of him. He is one of the guys that will outperform his ability. Love dude’s like that.

3 Likes

I was thinking this is what Jimmy G looked like in the pocket yesterday…

couch GIF

2 Likes

If I know couchhounds that one is going to lick his nuts in T-3,2,1

2 Likes

Thus I had no issue with what AP did. Before camp I’m sure AP mentioned to the DBs he would push them and get the most out of them. Okudah wasn’t right mentally. I suspect it was on the play where the 49ers were in a bunch formation and Okudah was 10 yards off.

1 Like

Okuda is done. Stick a fork in him.
If he ever sees the field again in a Lions uniform, we’re screwed.

Maybe they’ve got extra tasty balls. We wouldn’t know. And if one of you happens to know what a hounds balls tastes like…for the love of everything keep that to yourself.

On the flip side people let them do this after licking their balls and crack:
Dog Licking GIF by Miami Open

1 Like

Pattern interrupting him and pulling him back into the game? Very possible.

You demonstrated why the :heart: button doesn’t always work right.

1 Like

I know it really doesn’t matter now that Okudah is out for the season.

However, from the coaching side of things it looks like Pleasant said, “I understand what you’re saying, and you’re right. But, we all have to do OUR jobs! Don’t speak! I’m telling you, do YOUR job! Do YOUR job! DO…YOUR… JOB! Stands up, so harder to read If you get beat doing your job, then that’s ok! Your job!” He wasn’t chastising the guy, his focus was on the “YOUR,” and he was trying to get it through his head that he doesn’t need to do everything and needs to focus on HIS assignment. Okudah kept trying to explain his point as to why he did what he did, rather than saying he understood what he was supposed to do. It was 15 secs into the clip before Okudah said, “Ok.”

I can dig that. The whole premise of DC’s tenure is be honest and up front with everybody. I agree that they have to know AP’s temperament by now and know whether they earned and ass chewing or not. Making excuses doesn’t cut it.

That was Deion Sanders principal complaint when watching Okudah at the Combine.

1 Like

The comments on Twitter on that video of the unpleasant Pleasant-Okudah exchange are eye-roll-inducing. Most appear to be from the delicate crowd that thinks Simone Biles is “courageous” for saying “nah” five minutes before the Olympic competition and leaving it up to her teammates to scramble to cover for her.

I see nothing to indicate Pleasant was being in any way personal with Okudah. He wasn’t “attacking” him, or insulting him. He was – VERY forcefully – saying that it was Okudah’s screw-up on the previous long TD; and probably that he didn’t want to hear any babble from Okudah about whatever, but instead wanted the message to be crystal clear, “It’s your job (to contain).”

Obviously, a coach can’t always go to that well, or it becomes ineffective. Once or twice, though, and a player will certainly remember it. I think it’s from a more old-school tradition than modern times are used to, though.

3 Likes

Twittertwats are a force to be reckoned with. You know how to deprive them of their life-sucking anti-energy?

Simple: a red tent :tent: for manly discussions and other histrionics to keep secret from the twatterverse.

I wish for the Detroit Lions to pioneer this technology

1 Like

Screw that. It’s Twitter. Not an NFL coaching staff or team.

They only have power if you let them. AP did nothing wrong. These are paid professionals.

2 Likes

Ahh but dude it’s the Implications

implication GIF

There are no implications. Okudah is the player, AP the coach.

Okudah has one job, HIS.

Obviously, he had a problem with that concept. AP corrected it.

2 Likes

sexy always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia