Audit: Brett Favre was paid $1.1 million in Mississippi welfare funds for

Yes. I mean, I doubt somebody sent Farve money and said “Hey, Here’s $1.1M…you don’t have to do anything for it…I just wanted to give you this” and he went “OK Thanks”

You can bet some idiot at the state government had the idea of having Farve do some public appearances and some our all of it was paid up front…because…it wasn’t his money.

If somebody says "We want you to do x number of public appearances and speeches and PSAs for $2.2 Million and here is 50% down…of course he is going to take the money and wait for them to say “here is the schedule” or whatever.

I am no giant Farve fan but I doubt he extorted the money or knew he was getting paid for nothing. Unless there is some evidence that the government official and Farve were up to something illegal like “hey, I got $2.2M to spend, I will give you $1.1M and I will keep $1.1M but don’t tell anybody.” Barring something like that coming out I would say this is pretty much on the people that wasted the money.

But Farve should give it back at this point

But he’s the MILLION DOLLAR MAN! He has to maintain the name bro!

2 Likes

Let’s not jump to conclusions, he very possibly sent dick pics in return, so the debt has probably been paid.

2 Likes

I have zero issue with this …If he was booked for an engagement or appearance , if in this case 2 of them and he was no show and never made the appearance the only issue was he at fault …If he was booked and contract signed and the verbiage was one that locked in payment and the event was cancelled …so be it.

They book events and have to deny many due to scheduling conflicts …I would expect payment if my contract said so.

It’s a bad look, bad looks are not criminal .

2 Likes

Yeah to me it just comes down to a simple fact… If he knew there was never going to be any appearances made from the get go…thats a problem

If he believed he needed to do what he was paid for when he took the money…it’s no a problem

1 Like

Great clip. Man I don’t know who that Brett Favor guy is but that Nagle kid looks like a sure thing

I hate the picture being painted by the media …speculating while causing image damage with out the proof needed to do so …for website visits & clicks.

1 Like

I’m with Jaded here. My initial thought was how is Farve at fault here.

Whoever gave him the money is where the fault lies. Then whoever didn’t follow up and make sure he earned it is also to blame.

I’m sure there is a lot more to this story but I see no fault on Farve. However he should give it back and I would bet he does.

1 Like

My nature would have been to give it back. That is the righteous thing to do, regardless of followup or lack thereof

1 Like

More will be revealed in due time. Favre has so little to gain and so much to lose from ripping off the poor folks of Mississippi. I’d be hugely surprised if he is a “player” in the scheme, but we shall see…

1 Like

All we need to know was that two payments totaling $1.1 million were given to him from a poor state’s treasury for which he did nothing in return. There’s really no excuse. He didn’t “forget” and he wasn’t asking any questions. And I would be shocked if his agent didn’t bring it up at least once, although I suppose said agent wouldn’t want to have to return his ten percent. Dirty all around, from the state to the agent to Favre.

1 Like

There’s lots of things that could be at this point.

It’s also possible that Brett Favre could be like many other athletes who have been scammed by their agents or financial advisors, perhaps trading on his name without his knowledge. Would someone who avoids glitz, fame and the trappings of money while choosing to live a low profile life in Mississippi when he has plenty of options—would that person be a party to such a straightforward swindle? It seems unlikely to me.

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be a swindle, just plain old lack of character. What’s the old saw, it’s what you do when nobody is watching that reveals character. I don’t like to judge somebody based on their worst moments, maybe he can make it up to them.

Just remember, there is no Fake News, just fake views.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Brett Favre update

And lobbyists need to take high level government officials somewhere nice to bend the rules to their favor.

I mean he did know something was shady. He specifically asked if the media was going to be able to get a hold of this information. Certainly Favre knew that there was some underhanded business going on here. I mean who in their right mind would think spending $5 million for a volleyball arena is a good use of taxpayer money? Favre is from Mississippi and he knows that money could be put to better use.

1 Like

He hasn’t yet though and this story has been around for about a year. I can’t stand Favre and if he did something illegal I hope they nail him to the wall. I hope they’re able to include Aaron Rodgers as well. Christmas come early.