Awesome Sauce

It would be kind of sweet to pluck Jaire Alexander away from the CheeseCurds in free agency next year and have him make All-Pro here for a few years. I’m sure he would get tagged though…

After already taking Okudah at #3,

Exactly!! If we take Sauce at #2 overall, I will be shocked and extremely frustrated. That would mean we passed on Thibs, Walker and Ekownu for a corner, which is a position group where the Lions already have a lot of young talent. We are desperate for a pass rush in the worst way.

This guy!? He’s just a little fella! lol

1 Like

YES! If we can land him, that’s the dude I want. I think he can be coached into being a monster. With a little luck, maybe he even shaves his head!

Dude’s helmet probably weighs 40 lbs! LOL.

1 Like

Jordan Davis @ 32 or 34 would be worth it. I have some concerns about his lack of snaps and that he rarely played on pass rushing downs and his conditioning level. But, he could also turn out to be Shaun Rogers or an even better comparison to his size is Albert Haynesworth. Both of them 6’6 and 350 pounds.

1 Like

I want us to get him. I see his floor as high, and his ceiling as ridiculous. He looks SO raw out there. So much can be improved upon. He needs to develop his leg and hand strength. This dude has raw athleticism and is HUGE (Obviously). With better technique, he could shut down running lanes and passing lanes just by being alive out there. LOL.

I don’t care as much about his “speed,” as it is not his job to run ppl down, IMO, but I do see it as indicitive of his ability to add explosiveness. He looks like he could improve so much with hand striking, hand strength (ppl not getting away when he grabs them), leg strength (blowing ppl off the ball), and more.

I see him as having a super-high ceiling, and being a player that is unlike anything that currently exists. He’s a different animal, and could be a very effective animal.

Hutch, Jordan, and the best WR available with the first 3 picks. Roster looks completely different with that alone.

What if our coaching staff can get trough to Davis and he finally reaches his potential? This is the first time he’s been in a stable environment with adults running the show.

AO, JJ, Okudah, and rookie S added to the defensive backfield
Jordan & Hutch in with healthy Levi, Alim? (Brockers looks better with the added help?). Okwara back healthy?

Is that an average defense? Nasty AF?

What do you guys think?

Slide Fox in at Safety every now and again on big plays?

1 Like

That would be an unreal haul.

2 Likes

In regards to Sauce, I struggle with the idea after having just drafted Okudah. But we’ve heard that song on here before…

My big question is about the idea of ‘shutting down half of the field.’ If you can get it, I agree that it is very valuable.

I also think that is very rare, and you might have 3 guys in they league that can truly do that at any one time. At best. Are there three guys that can truly shut down half a field now (or even completely neutralize their guy, no matter how good)? Who are they? Jalen Ramsey maybe, others? I don’t follow a lot of other teams, so I don’t really know.

Historically, I remember Revis could do that for like 3-5 years. Nnamdi Asomugha had that rep for like two years. Patrick Peterson for a while. Deion Sanders, probably, maybe Charles Woodson for a while? Please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m always happy to learn more on here and adjust accordingly.

I just think that the odds of finding that true ‘lockdown’ corner are rare. And maybe that’s ok, maybe a ‘very good’ corner is important enough to justify the use of the #2. I just wouldn’t bet that we are going to get a hall of famer out of it.

1 Like

Well done, bro. yes to all of this. Rarely is rookie hype real.

![FPb0QlAWUAEOGF7|508x500](upload://ybdk212hdh7lEtUaCIRelt1FXhB.jpeg

We will find who was responsible for this and get justice for Hasbulla. pic.twitter.com/CT7cKw1K56

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) April 3, 2022

Oh no, Sauce said he’s the best player in the draft. He’s got “character concerns” now!

Seriously though, I really love Gardener has a prospect. If the Lions didn’t just draft Okudah, plus have a gaping hole at pass rusher in a draft with elite pass rush talent… then he’d probably be my favorite for the pick. I like him more than I liked Okudah coming out of college. If the Lions went with Sauce with their pick I wouldn’t be mad about it because I think the kid looks like a future Pro Bowler… but I would be confused on passing on an elite pass rusher for another top 5 corner.

2 Likes

I know I sound like a broken record but if you want a guy in this draft AND Sauce it can probably happen. Just draft a guy this year, then wait a few years. Sauce will most likely be available via free agency or trade.

1 Like

I like the Edge and WR options at 32. Sauce at 2 might sets the board up really well.

1 Like

Wait you don’t think its good idea since we have some depth at CB that I agree with but then you say it would be ok to take Willis at 2 when we have a young QB that has even made it as far as SB as a O leader.

Explain why your theory why no sauce but same theory applies IMO to the QB same way.

since we don’t know what we have @ CB…especially because they played w/a subpar DL. I just wanna figure out what we have.

Yes! Definitely prefer trade down, but the only way to guarantee we get him is to take him at 2. That is IF Brad thinks he’s worth it. I’ve said this multiple times. I am aware that I am not an NFL talent scout. I see leadership abilities in Willis. I believe in him as a human, as a leader, and as an athlete. My only question with him is if he can process quickly enough. He’s been playing with subpar coaches, OL, WRs, etc. SO difficult to scout him because he is the most superior athlete on the field and in positions where he could lean on that if he had to…he won’t have that in the NFL.

On the other side of it. teams can key strongly on him and focus solely on him and force him into their defensive gameplan. In the pros, he’s gonna have more help, but he’s also going to have tighter windows, less time to make decisions, he won’t be the best raw athlete on the field anymore, etc.

I believe in his intelligence.
I believe in his leadership.
I believe in his toughness.
I believe in his athleticism.
I believe in his arm.

I don’t know how quickly he can/can’t learn to process info, and that’s a thing.
I do believe he is a more instinctive than cerebral player, which is a very good thing, IMO, and what I would want for my team.

Who he is as a man is a perfect fit.

I think 100% of QBs rooks are a gamble. People firmly believed in Ryan Leaf…Sanchize…T-bursk, and more.
People had major issues with Allen…had major issues with Mahommes, and many more.

It’s a gamble. I KNOW Willis’s head is right. I know he’s NOT going to fail because of lack of focus, lack of effort, lack of professionalism, lack of talent, etc.

The only way I can see him failing is if he can’t process quickly enough.
Also–> I believe he will learn to do that well. I believe in the guy.

I don’t often believe in rooks like this. You guys have heard me talk about very few like this. Riddick…I KNEW that dude was a football player. I didn’t expect him to take over games, but I knew he’d get the mental part right and be a tough ass person that was a good teammate/locker room guy. I knew his talent was the only thing that would hold him back.

Same with J-Will. Same with Jeudy. I believe in Allen this way. Stafford early on, but not pre-draft.

I just believe in the guy. Also → QB is a totally different conversation than CB. Not even in the same stratosphere, in terms of difficulty to land one. Im guessing Brad’n’Dan like Willis a lot. I think if they don’t take him, they may believe Goff is the guy that can get them to the SB, though that is not necessarily true.

In my world, we would never have a conversation about “depth at QB” being anywhere near the same thing as “depth at QB” or landing a franchise QB.

An ocean of difference between those conversations.