Baez?

What happened? Was he on the juice before he came to Detroit? Did they take his Adderall prescription away? It just doesn’t make sense how bad he is. At what point do you pull the plug? I know MLB contracts are differen’t. How many years does he have left? It’s literally one of the all time bad contracts. Goodness he is terrible.

1 Like

No idea but spot on with regards to his contract.
At this point I don’t think they have anyone ready to take his place and no one will have interest in acquiring that contract.

Báez signed a six-year, $140 million contract with the Tigers in December 2021

■■■■

1 Like

The dude hit 30 dingers multiple times… and did he even have 10 last year? Sure makes you wonder. It’s not like he’s old. Maybe once he got paid the motivation went away

Avila had to get one last ■■■■■■■ shitty signing in before he was booted. The rosters from 2011-2014 were stacked. With the rotations the Tigers had they should have won at least 1 championship. Absolutely criminal they didn’t win one.

2 Likes

He has Always Had one of the Ugliest Over Aggressive approaches his entire career.

Nobody got to MLB from Latin America by taking walks is the old saying.

Dude swings at Every Thing. Look up his swing charts for his career.

With that kind of approach, Maximum Effort every pitch while swinging at anything…just a small decline in eyesight/reaction time/wrist snap/swing mechanics…you suck. And true to Javy, he is Max Effort Suck. Plus it has obviously gotten deeeeep in his head…which wasnt a high power tool to start with…

That said, his head seems to be in the game a bit better, but his 30% k rate, no walks and 2-27 start has me thinking they will be eating this deal after 24 or 25.

1 Like

I think the big argument made for keeping him is there’s not another SS glove in the system that’s even close to being on his level yet. So, they hold their nose when he picks up a bat and take their medicine. I think if anyone with a good glove and a seeing eye dog at the plate was there to challenge him for time at SS, they would pour ketchup all over that contract and eat it anyway.

Kreidler is dang close.

Tigers whole lineup sucks. Baez just sucks a lot more then the rest.

Presented without comment

Avila’s parting gift.

Somehow, I believe this is also Angel Hernandez’s career struke zone plot

Dude swings like Vladdy Sr. without the success.

1 Like