Baker Mayfield's play in make-or-break year has Buccaneers ready to lock up journeyman QB with long-term deal

1 Like

If they do, I’m sure they’ll feel as good about that contract as:

Cards do with Kyler
Browns with Massage Watson
Giants with Daniel Jones

1 Like

Naa … he wont command as much $ as those guys.

Yes please.

Is Baker THAT much better than Goff? Stats, age, experience wise they’re pretty similar players… I feel like Baker is more likely to make a bone-headed mistake than Goff, but he’s turned the ball over less this year and is doing pretty well with zero run game support. I’m not saying I’d take Baker over Goff, but depending on the contract difference, I might…

0% chance for me. Baker is not good

Have you watched him this year? He’s been playing pretty well

2 Likes

I have a bit. He started out really hot too. He can be good. I just think he’s way too inconsistent

Tampa’s issue is with their OL. Fix that and Baker will be just fine.

1 Like

He’s been pretty solid. He’s in that same
Spot Goff was when he first got here. Playing well yet everyone still thinks he sucks.

1 Like

The Bucs love Baker. His teammates love playing with them and the Bucs are playing on fire and wide open right now. They are gonna be a hard out if they keep playing like this.

He’s leading them to a division title today.

Kyler’s deal will work out fine if he stays healthy.

Baker will get a Geno type contract

I can’t agree with that. He’s a bad QB

Kyler?

Yes

He was in an MVP race a mere 24 months ago. He’s in a bad situation right now but he’s extremely talented.

I never got the schadenfreude for Baker, since college I have always felt he was an easy guy to root for. He had his flaws in the pros but he is a committed football player and teammate - too much was deduced from his last year with the browns when he was clearly injured.

I hope he gets a long term deal with the Bucs and is relatively successful

2 Likes

He gets too spazzy too fired up still but the cockiness is now gone. That was the primary issue for me.