Barkley not going to Giants camp this week

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

15s

Giants’ franchise RB Saquon Barkley confirmed after the Saquon Barkley Youth Football Camp in Jersey City, NJ today that he will not be at his team’s mandatory minicamp this week. Barkley still has not signed his franchise tender. His words:

4 Likes

Denzel Washington GIF

4 Likes

I understand he wants to get paid, but on the other hand he’s a RB, who has already torn his ACL once, already has played 5 seasons in the league, a lot of miles on him. Completely understand the Giants tagging him and being hesitant to signing a RB entering year 6 to a big contract.

Also I wouldn’t feel bad for him, he’s in line to make over 10 mill next season. and has already made 38 million in his career due to being drafted so high. Not many RB’s can say they made 38 mill on their rookie deals.

1 Like

IMO Saquon is an impressive, well spoken, high character guy. I hope he gets a bit more security from the Giants.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1668248391124393986?s=46&t=LFKEGZaCKPSswf-uVGH04A

2 Likes

RB’s nowadays rarely get to a second contract. When they do, except for a few outliers, it rarely works out. Just the nature of todays game. Good to rotate in and out every couple of years, as seen by Camp Holmes.

Yeah, I’m with the owners on this one too. If he doesn’t sign he’s greedy and entitled and lazy and injury prone and doesn’t produce and 30 other guys can do what he did with little or no drop off. If he does sign he’s lazy and entitled and overpaid and injury prone and doesn’t produce and 30 other guys can do what he does with little or no drop off. He’s a running back so the only way he can make this right is if he pays the New York Giants 5 mil for a roster spot and apologizes for being born and wears pink for the rest of his life and overpays his taxes and pays Penn State the cash value of his scholarship for 4 years even though he only attended for 3 (dropout loser).

1 Like

I will never come to this conclusion about anything. Screw the billionaires. Except for Clark Hunt’s daughter. Well, screw her in a different way.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

That was just the setup, his post is different than the beginning. I will drop a quote from it:

“He’s a running back so the only way he can make this right is if he pays the New York Giants 5 mil for a roster spot and apologizes for being born and wears pink for the rest of his life and overpays his taxes and pays Penn State the cash value of his scholarship for 4 years even though he only attended for 3 (dropout loser).”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like