Barry vs Emmitt

I’m a Falcons fan but I have to admit I can admire players on other teams. Barry Sanders vs Emmitt Smith if you’re starting a franchise which one would you draft as your starting RB? This is the two of them in their prime of course

Barry Sanders without hesitation.

**Edited because the title was way too long.

1 Like

Barry or Emmet is a question only those who are blinded by cowboy goggles, or are not old enough to have watched themselves could ask.

Barry was in a different stratosphere than anyone else.

8 Likes

Al Bundy

2 Likes

Yeah this comparison isn’t even close. Barry vs AD could maybe be a debater guess… honestly is more fair to say Barry vs various quarterbacks because his impact was just so outsized for his position

Emmitt isn’t in the top 10 of most talented running backs… Players like OJ, Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson… They don’t get enough credit

2 Likes

Even Emmitt Smith would pick Barry Sanders.

5 Likes

Similar question. At the Smithsonian museum for African American History today, I saw a unique picture of Barry I don’t recall seeing anywhere else. Anyone else remember a source photo for this?

Also this pic is badass.

The source was some lucky dude taking pictures of Barry making Bears’ players look like fools on one of the many, many occasions he did so.

1 Like

Kidding aside, I’m going to try and answer this as diplomatically as possible. Emmitt was a beast. He played longer and certainly had a ton more runs of positive yardage vs. the losses by Barry.

But he was just a really, really great RB. HOF worthy for sure.

He was not generational. That’s the difference between the two. Barry was.

@jthom19802 i just mean I thought I have seen probably every pic of Barry in circulation until today. Had anyone seen this one before?

1 Like

Emmitt was fantastic. He was tough. He also had an amazing offensive line and WRs that took pressure off him and loosened up the defense for him.

Barry didn’t have the same talent around him. His job was harder, and he still excelled.

1 Like

Such a silly question!

1 Like

…& Barry is much, much muuuuuch more handsome

1 Like

Can you imagine Barry with these new kickoff rules?

We’ll never see another back like him again. I don’t know if there’s any other player ever in the NFL about whom you can say that.

1 Like

How do I remove these Atlanta Falcons discussions off my feed or front page?
@Nate

This fella’s posts make me miss espnbaby’s posts.

Barry behind the Dallas offensive line would have been the NFL’s only 3000 yard running back in a season. No one will convince me otherwise. I can’t tell you the number of rushes Emmitt had where he wasn’t touched for 5 yards

Barry was the GOAT.

Emmit was maybe the 10th best… definitely top 20.

I like this analogy…
Brady’s career started out emmit like (team won the first 3 SB with him) and moved to Barry like when he became the GOAT. He won his last 4 SB as the dominant leader of those teams.

Barry would have taken 8/10 of those runs to the house… maybe 4000 yards would be a better estimate?

Married With Children Fight GIF by Leroy Patterson