Bears and Vikes got Much better

Third best team……

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

2 Likes

It certainly was expensive. I love the kid they picked and I am of the belief he would not be there at 29. But a lot of our draft capital was used to acquire other players. We certainly went all in at CB this year. Sutton’s surprise certainly threw a curve ball in the offseason.

I leave thinking the post-draft free agency season is going to be interesting as well as the bottom of the roster churning during the time for roster cuts is going to be a whole new kind of excitement this offseason.

I believe we package our day 3 picks and slide into a second pick on day 2. Wild draft if we only walk out of it with 3 quality players but that might be a solid move for our current situation.

Even with the extensions, we still have some cap space, so expect a veteran S at the least

2 Likes

The Lions played toe-to-toe with the 49ers in the NFC Conference Championship game with the following at CB:

DEFENSE

LB Alex Anzalone – 66 (100%)

CB Cam Sutton – 64 (97%)

LB Jack Campbell – 59 (89%)

CB Kindle Vildor – 59 (89%)

EDGE Aidan Hutchinson – 58 (88%)

Street free agent Kindle Frickin Vildor starting in one game away from the Super Bowl.

With the additions of Davis, Robertson, and now Arnold, don’t tell me the Lions didn’t just get a whole lot better.

9 Likes

Wait till we play the games then you can put it down, DEs we have 1 WR we have 1, DT we got 2 good Starters no one else. If Hutch or St Brown go down for any period of time the season will be over. Safety no depth at all. Chicago and Vikes can match our DEs plus. You lost me on that one. Hutch is very good but flying solo.

I agree with you there. I do expect veteran S depth and I actually think you will see interior line depth picked up if we do not draft it. My gut says we get an additional edge in the second IF there is anything close.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

3 Likes

Tbh I expext Marshawn Kneeland if he is there, which he may not be

2 Likes

But we got worse at WR and DE so sure we’re better at CB by a lot will that make up for lack of pass rush we will see.

The Lions are now NFL bottom feeders because they don’t have a 3rd round pick. Because it’s not like there are still tons of FAs out there that can be signed for depth roles.

5 Likes

WR, it ain’t over until it’s over.

DE, you’ve got to be kidding. The loss of Mr. Invisible Charles Harris and the two Okwaras hardly makes the Lions defense worse.

A healthy Houston and Betts could hardly be any worse than those three.

You know, how exactly did the Vikings get better?

They replaced Kirk Cousins with a rookie and replaced Danielle Hunter with Dallas Turner.

7 Likes

Yep we can still address one of our needs but imo we lack #2 DE #2 WR and 0 depth at safety. And there still FA so we will see , but my opinion is these 2 rivals closed the gap pretty good and if we falter or have injuries it won’t be good.

1 Like

Don’t you dare bring logic and reason into this discussion. The chicken littles refuse to buy into your new fangled math.
The Lions are the WAGON of the NFC. You can almost count on a SF vs Lions repeat for the NFC Championship game right now. I do not know why anyone is talking about the Bears or Vikes like they are relevant.

Our focus should only be on the teams that are in our way. Not the bottom half of the league.

Sorry but this is some residual … coming out. I refuse to even mutter the name but you know who and what you are.

1 Like

So you replaced all with one cripple that is avg and can’t stay on the field. I watch this team struggle last year to get pressure consistently. QBs having all day to throw.

I don’t disagree with your assessment here.

I do believe we pick up a WR in FA if we do not draft one. I believe our WR room will be a wash with last year before it is all over, but that is a projection and an opinion. We will have to see how it plays out.

The pass rush piece I am less optimistic about. I don’t think we really lost huge value at the position, but I don’t see a ton of non-blitz solutions that are going to be available to us. We hope one of our young edges gets healthy and elevates his game? Not holding my breath. We hope Davenport stays healthy and is a steal for the year? um… I can’t even type that with a straight face and I really like his game… when he is healthy.

Over all I am still of the belief we are better. But the holes you are pointing out are real.

1 Like

Did it really? I mean they already had moore, allen, and kmet… not sure that adding odunze makes me any more scared of their weapons than i already was?

2 Likes

I did miss that that I was thinking Hunter was still there with Turner, thanks for the reminder cause that makes a difference for sure. Vikes definitely take a step back with out Hunter. That makes me feel better.

1 Like

Comparing it to last year’s WR room I would say definitely. Odunze, I believe, is the real deal. But I am looking more last year to this year and the additions of both Allen and Odunze certainly is a step up.

I disagree. The DE room is not worse by any means. If anything it is upgraded through FA. The Dline over all is improved. That seems like a fact to me.