Bears and Vikes got Much better

We may have trouble in this division. Could be 3rd best team in the division, if these young QBs have a good season. Bears just past us talent wise. Vikes are getting close.

1 Like

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

16 Likes

Giving up a high 3rd (to trade up) is expensive especially when you lack depth at Guard, Safety and WR.

1 Like

LOL this board at times is amazing.

Why does anyone think the Bears or Minny got better?

Suddenly rookie QBs are can’t miss? The chance that both completely suck is higher than either one being a top half NFL starter for 10 years. Let that sink in. Couple that with the fact that the Bears draft like they are a player away and are letting their weak Oline get weaker and I am just not seeing it. Especially for next season and likely the next 2. And neither team has really given themselves good options to not start the rookies.

The Lions have a strong roster and yet found a way to bring in a starter with only the 29th pick in the first round. Yes they burned a 3rd to do it. But if we got TA when he was projected in the top 15 by burning a 3rd everyone would be laughing how Holmes just used a cheat coded on the draft again.

You are going to have to bring way more data, fact, and legitimate arguments on this one before I can take you seriously.

16 Likes

So we went from division champs and in the NFC championship to third best team in the division because of the draft? Stop!!

12 Likes

Not for the No. 1 defensive player on the board when you’re picking at No. 29 overall.

9 Likes

Again, this isn’t the nba. Injuries happen and you need bodies

Lions have to change their mindset regarding their obsession with draft picks. 3 years ago when this team was void of talent, we needed all the players via the draft we could get.

7 Likes

Get Out Of Here GIF by Basketball Madness

3 Likes

Unlike his predecessors, Holmes has proved that he can find players on day three.

4 Likes

So this guy is a starter and difference maker day 1??? I highly doubt that

2 Likes

Day 1, no.

Game 1, yes.

3 Likes

Our division is definitely getting better and may even be one of the best divisions in football. With that said, this team is still a class above everyone else.

I think 2025/2026 could be interesting, but we are not losing the division in 2024.

6 Likes

The sky is not falling….

We exchanged a dinged up Jonah for Zietler, a more seasoned Sorsdal, and maybe more-

We exchanged Sutton, Jacobs and a few games for CJGJ- for C Davis, Amik, and now T Arnold… and since we at least have a shot at Moseley playing this year, it’s a net even or huge advantage in 24’.

We replaced Benito Jones and Romeo Okwara for DJ Reader and M Davenport-

We lost Josh right…. But we really had 106 targets, 64 catches, and just over 900 yards between Reynolds and Jamo-

—- I think 80 targets for Jamo and 25-30 for DPJ easily replaces that production with a much higher ceiling than that….

I’m also waiting to see us trade down from #61- scoop a pick in the early 70s and a 4th rounder….

Dewayne Carter- 3rd
McCormick- 4th
I Adams- 5th
S Vaki- 6th
Ainias Smith- 6th
J Karty- 7th

We are a WR like Chark, Boyd, or Gallup, and maybe a 1 year veteran edge like Yannick, Ogbah, Dupree etc from having a far better roster from top to bottom and better long term contracts and depth.

1 Like

Regarding the Bears, I think this year QB will be a wash. I do believe their QB situation will be improved starting next year IF IF IF the Bears don’t ruin him. Of course the Bears do have a track record of messing up first round QB picks. But their WR room is so much better after last night. I have no belief that they have passed us, but I do believe they are moving in the right direction.

As for the Vikings, I do not thing JJ plays much this year. I think he sits and begins to grow into his more matured body. I believe he will be solid in the future. But he is young and sitting for a year seems likely to me. Now I really like their second pick and think he will be a disrupter. But they just lost an amazing disrupter and I think they actually take a step back this year. I do believe they are “resetting” but I think it will be a rough year for them.

1 Like

I think the Bears and Vikes definitely got better but they have question marks at the QB position until proven otherwise and that is what drives the NFL success.

I am hoping packers fall on their face.

Pack could be real scary this year.
Bears will be tough.

Not worried about Minny this year.

2 Likes

You can’t expect a rookie CB to walk right in and play CB1 at the level of their potential. The learning curve for the position is too steep, outside of rare talents like Sauce Gardner. Getting someone who has all of the traits to become a good CB1 late in the first round is outstanding value. The early run on QBs and receivers pushed the top 2 corners much later in the 1st than you would see in most drafts. It couldn’t have worked out better for a team that nearly went to the Super Bowl despite awful play from their corners.

Metal sharpens metal.

Did any of you watch the second Bears Game last year ?
I get some here are drunk on Kool aid, but these teams got much better, and I did say if the young QBs play well, we will be tuff also we have the most experienced QB and that will. Help but we might have the worse WRs in the division and we haven’t help our pass rush .much yet, we have very little resources to improve much in some of these positions. If anything happens to St. This offense is toast. And I think WBs will have all day to find WRs. Them teams got better in my opinion and closed the gap.

Crack store open for business?
QB-Lions
OL-Lions
RB1 and 2-Lions
TE-Lions
WR1-Lions
WR2-Bears
WR3-Bears

DT-Lions
DE-Lions
LB-Lions
CB-Bears