Bears are blowing it up; release Eddie Goldman

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1502379374548561923?s=20&t=-IW4S__prjWM-NeCKA7c3g

In the past like 3 days, Khalil Mack, Akiem Hicks, Eddie Goldman, and Tarik Cohen have all been removed from the roster.

We have a new cellar dweller in the NFC North

2 Likes

We may not be the worse team now.

1 Like

Bears in the cellar.
vikes just above 'em.
Lions probably still not ready to take on the combination of the Packers and the officials, but it’s coming soon.

5 Likes

They are doing it the smart way, similar to what we did last year so props to them. Now is the time to clean house. They know they are probably two years away from seriously competing unless Fields takes a massive step. Its time to shed the older players/bad contracts.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Eddie Jackson and Robert Quinn moved as well. Quinn is almost 32 and probably won’t be around in a couple seasons, and Eddie Jackson is paid like a top 5 safety, but has been relatively mediocre. Take the dead cap hits now when you expect to struggle. In 2023, they would be looking at a ton of cap space to build around Fields.

1 Like

Give me roquan

2 Likes

I would think he is part of their long term plan. He is young enough to build that defense around.

Can’t hurt to see how much he would cost

That’s an interesting plan. You’re about to put a truck load of pressure on field’s shoulders. I’d understand if they were over the hill veterans but Cohen and Goldman are still young. You’ve gutted both sides of the ball in one off-season.

1 Like

We’re #3, we’re #3!!!

3 Likes

1 Like

New regime. If you want long term succes you gut the high priced contracts for aging veterans. Goldman was bad last year and sat out the year before. Mack has been dealing with injuries. Cohen had an absolutely devastating injury in 2020 and may never get back to previous level

GM came from KC… so maybe they are clearing space to add some weapons to the offense?

Easily 8 wins barring injuries

And we could have beat the Vikes twice last year. We won one on the last play and they won one on the last play. We might even come 2nd in the division, lol

Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

1 Like

We likely don’t get a Green Bay last game not really trying game either…

1 Like

They JUST drafted a stud young QB. Sure way to ruin him.

Piling shit on top of Fields and expecting something to blossom does make logical sense at least :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I sure hope so :grin:

1 Like

According to the logic on posters on this board the bears should trade Justin fields since you don’t need a good QB until you’re team is perfect and they aren’t going to the Super Bowl in 2 years

1 Like

Fields = Trubiscuit II
Fingers crossed