BEAT THEM

The best part was Roy holding a press conference afterwards saying he would never suit up for Montreal again after the way they embarassed him.

He didn’t, sat out, traded shortly after.

Delicious, because he was suck a prick arrogant jerk off.

4 Likes

When you call him Coach Dan, all I can think of us is…Lieutenant Dan…lol

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

1 Like

I agree w/this line o thinking. 10 wins this year…10/11 next, when we have a more difficult schedule.

As much as we should recognize that this year’s schedule isn’t a fantastic barometer for “where we are at”…Neither was last year’s. Last year’s schedule was a bitch, and with some fair officiating and a little luck at with health…we would have won 5 or 6 LAST YEAR.

This year, we have upgraded talent
OL (Health)
WR (Health, Draft, LandShark)
RB-push
QB- Upgrade, knows playbook, will be protected, more “in the culture,” has weapons, a year w/Dan
TE - Upgrade (how much? Dunno…depends on how quickly Mitchell can learn a playbook
DE - Upgrades everywhere, new attacking system, guys in the system for a year, etc
DT - needs work
DBs - massive upgrade on health alone, add in Elliot and Joseph Still some learning curve of young guys and continuity (haven’t played together much).

I think this is a pretty decent -to-good roster that is extremely well coached.

…add Fox in, and now we’re talking’

1 Like

Well, the CONFERENCE finals were as high as these two teams were going to meet in because they were both in the western conference. Now that the Wings have been shoved into the eastern conference it could happen, but it just won’t be the same. Sadly.

2 Likes

Yes I know that and that’s my point….the Wings should have been moved to the East the same year the Leafs were moved there so that Cup Finals could have been possible. The NHL needed that IMO. But as you say for now it probably wouldn’t mean as much if they met in the finals today!

2 Likes

Actually, The Lions DID have a rivalry similar to the Wings-Lanche, back in the 60’s with the PACK…That’s what made the Thanksgiving Day Game so special. It was always the Lions vs. the PACK…This game is memorialized in Lions Lore with the Thanksgiving Game Massacre, the Original Fearsome Foursome annihilating Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke, et al…Starr was Sacked 11 Times !!!..Don Shula was the Lions Defensive Coordinator…Lions Greatest Game !!..Enjoy!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness yes. He was the epitome of that!!!

I forget which playoff game it was, wanna say it was in the 97 playoffs, but when he did that Statue of Liberty thing and the puck fell out and either Yzerman or shanahan scored and that was the turning point of the series.

My goodness I couldn’t stand that guy. Funny, because I liked him on the Canadiens but when he went to the avs it was just pure disdain. I hated everyone on that team, even joe sakic who was as Yzerman-esque as could be. Screw him too :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That is an awesome video, thanks for sharing!

Loved seeing them just destroy that team. And the real question should be, why didn’t they beat them more often? Those were some real good lions teams

3 Likes

Lololol… “nobody really cares about him, he’s a loser.” Bill Laimbeer…

2 Likes

1962 Lions Complete Season…Ohh the Memories!!..Unitas & Bobby Layne make appearances. WR’s Cogdill, Barr,& Studstill,arguably the Greatest Trio of Lions WR ever. Nice to see Night Train, LB/K Wayne Walker, S/P Yale Larry, MLB Schmidt, S Dick LeBeau, Fearsome Foursome, TE Gibbons, et al…3 Straight Playoff Bowl victories…All BEFORE WCF bought the team, the following year on Nov 23, 1963…The Rest is History. - GOALPOST (Love those old GOALPOSTS, & their location, which players used often for their advantage.

1962 Detroit Lions - YouTube

3 Likes

Dan Campell needs to play that clip and ask his team the ending question.
Why don’t the Detroit Lions beat the Packers more often?
Over and over.

2 Likes

You have to BELIEVE you can be a good team first. I see the spark

3 Likes

Ya know, I just watched a video on Youtube where this heckler was saying he could lock-down the Professor in basketball. I think that the heckler believed he could, he didn’t though.
Just because you believe you are good doesn’t mean you are. The Lions gotta prove it by winning more than they lose, plain and simple.

1 Like

then a few years later old ass Mike Vernon kicked his ass

2 Likes

And the year after the kid Osgood kicked his ass again!

EDIT: this is my personal opinion but I think this may have been the underrated defining moment of that red wings team. Yes the fight is #1 but they came right out and did it again.

Edit again… there were a lot of moments but let’s not forget this one!

6 Likes

That was game 6 in 2002, then the wings destroyed them 7-0 in game 7. Damn good times

3 Likes
3 Likes

it was a damn good time to be a wings fan those were the best rivalries.

2 Likes

That was glory days for me as a sports fan
I was at those games — freaking all the important ones
The first and second brawls (the first being the most important by a mile)
I was there when Yzerman hoisted the first cup

The excitement in Detroit was so cool
Everyone was so amped before that first brawl

I remember being at a playoff game before that winning season when the Wings (I think on a power play) were passing around the puck too much and the whole arena simultaneously yelled SHOOT!!!
That was hilarious!!

2 Likes